Any idea where to get this ram mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagstaff

Reaction score
This mount came with my 2006. I'd like to know where to find another one, assuming it will fit on a 2013. Google and the Ram webpage have come up empty.

Thanks

orig.jpg

sending PM,

Thanks guys, and yes it does fit the 2013 Model. A few have them already.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll do a free ad for Dave. I have one of the Rambones and I like it. He also makes what I think is the best $23 farkle on my bike--the Big Foot. You should have him send along one of those too, since the FJR kickstand foot is like the tip of a woman's stiletto heel.

Resurrecting an old thread to say thanks to Dave for a great product (Rambone).

Installed mine last night (2013A) No pics, you'll have to take my word for it, well made and works great with my RAM gps arm and mount.

mj, still waiting for a break in the weather. Bike is garaged with 2 miles on the odo

Now I know what it is. I was trying to gnaw the jaw breaker off the end of it. Didn't taste too hot. By the way, Dave, can I order one about 18 inches long so I can hang my coat on it?

Oh yeah, +1 on Sacramento Mike's recommendation on that Big Foot.

Gary

Now I know what it is. I was trying to gnaw the jaw breaker off the end of it. Didn't taste too hot. By the way, Dave, can I order one about 18 inches long so I can hang my coat on it?

Gary
You just gave me an Idea,

I can make a Helmet hanger using Ram-Bone parts for the garage.

I use the ram-bone on my gen I and it looks like it will also fit the gen II. I really like this product. I find the steering stem nut mounts put the GPS in a position that interferes with the guages of the bike.

I use the ram-bone on my gen I and it looks like it will also fit the gen II. I really like this product. I find the steering stem nut mounts put the GPS in a position that interferes with the gauges of the bike.
Pants,

The stem nut mount does not interfere with the gauges on the faster Gen ll's
no.gif
Unless your 4' 2".
omg2.gif

P1000581.jpg

P1000583.jpg

D7K_6989.jpg

Ed

Gary
You just gave me an Idea,

I can make a Helmet hanger using Ram-Bone parts for the garage.
It's about time you decided to make something for Dave for a change. Seems like you spend every spare moment making stuff for all of us. Concerning that helmet hanger idea, good for you, Dave. Seems like I'm always trying to find a creative place to put my helmet. My garage has too much stuff and not enough wall space. It was kinda added on to the house and isn't really as big as a regular garage. Sure wish I had the option of a beautiful 2 1/2 car garage like so many of your fine fellers. But unfortunately, I'm up against the limits of my lot line and can't build out.

Gary

darksider #44

Ed - your's looks well placed. Those ram extension thingies allow a lot of flexibility. The other trade-off for me is, by having the GPS farther back, I have to take my eyes farther off the road to see the GPS. But as one that wears progressive lenses in my glasses, I view that as a positive "pun intended". Where I have the GPS situated, in my comfort zone, the focus on the screen information is very good.

I'm currently looking at mounting options for a radar detector. That purchase is looonnng over due.