Any NE Ohioans Riding This Weekend?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gizmo, Sorry about tomorrow, already have made plans but am open to riding with you as soon as the spring riding season starts.

Hey Guy's, Had a great ride yesterday. Left around 9:30 was just starting to warm up [around 45 or so] Left Kirtland around noon, was 52 and headed south. Took 94 down thru Amish country into Millersburg, 83 down into Coshockton, still nice about 63. 541 to 62 into Westerville for a quickie at the " Iron Pony" didn't really need anything just looking. What a great spot to just browse. A must stop if you've never been there. Knew it was calling for rain in the PM so I bought a pair of "Tour Master" rain booties and some "Tour Master" over gloves, they were on sale so I bought them never really thought I'd be trying them out in a couple of hours. Hung out with my son who lives in Columbus for a couple of hours. 8:00 when it started to drizzel, laughed it off in front of my kid, but I wasn't looking forward to riding the "SLAB" back home, but hey! How else are you going to get home. I'll tell you what, left Columbus it was 66 and light drizzel. By the time I got to the first Exit it was pouring cats and dogs,[and I don't mean Chi Wa Was I mean like ST. Bernards] Thank God for good[ I mean great riding gear] Lexington exit it was 38 and falling. Drove all the way home in the rain, and was completely dry. My one piece "TourMaster " rain suit and those weird looking booties and rain overgloves worked perfectly. All totaled 400 miles , the last 125 in the rain, all in all a good time. I'll bet after you read this ride report your sure glad you didn't hook up with me yesterday Huh!!!!!! There will be a lot more weekends coming up. Talk to you later Gizmo. Dave

It's supposed to be cool but sunny. Anyone interested?
I'll be riding in the area. Sorta.

Susie and I are heading to her folks place Friday night in the Akron area, then I'll be at the Lee Parks thingy all day Saturday in Cuyahoga Falls, then we'll head back to Columbus Saturday night.

" Iron Pony"
great guys run the iron pony. I used to have them change my tires back when they were at the old place. their new store is quite large but I haven t been there in years.

Hey, Just wondering if the Lee Parks thingy was worth the price of admission?
havent done that yet but I have heard nothing but great things about that program. at one time we had a member who taught for Lee. PS his book is my bible

All totaled 400 miles , the last 125 in the rain, all in all a good time. I'll bet after you read this ride report your sure glad you didn't hook up with me yesterday Huh!!!!!! There will be a lot more weekends coming up. Talk to you later Gizmo. Dave
Dave, Sounds like a great ride, except those last 125 - I hate those damn St. Bernard rain drops :blink: But it sounds like you made it thru dry and warm - the right gear makes all the difference. Any electronics - how'd they fair? I've been thinking about heading down to Columbus one of these weekends. Stop at Iron Pony - never been there - and visit with my sister. To help my time on the super-slab, I just forked out the cash for an Audiovox CC on Monday. It should be here next week and I hope to have it installed by June.

I don't know if I'll get much riding in this weekend. Rain is in the forecast for Friday, but might get out some on Saturday. -Joe

Glad to see there is an active NE Ohio contingent. My schedule is a bit tough to work around but I'll be keeping an eye on this part of the forum... the first real test for the FJR will be to see how it does in SE Ohio... Rt 78, 26 and 555 come to mind...

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see there is an active NE Ohio contingent. My schedule is a bit tough to work around but I'll be keeping an eye on this part of the forum... the first real test for the FJR will be to see how it does in SE Ohio... Rt 78, 26 and 555 come to mind...
AND RT 56, 536, 556... :yahoo:

Hey Richard, Welcome aboard!!!! I'm in your neck of the woods all the time. One kid in Columbus, other at UC in Cincy. Spend a lot of time in the SE corner of our fair state, all the above routes Posted are my favorite hang out. If I do decide to roll south I'll give you a shout. I'll just PM you, if you Post up a ride on this Forum your liable to get 25 riders showing up, not that that's bad, but it can get a little crowded in the turns. Dave

Hey Richard, Welcome aboard!!!! I'm in your neck of the woods all the time. One kid in Columbus, other at UC in Cincy. Spend a lot of time in the SE corner of our fair state, all the above routes Posted are my favorite hang out. If I do decide to roll south I'll give you a shout. I'll just PM you, if you Post up a ride on this Forum your liable to get 25 riders showing up, not that that's bad, but it can get a little crowded in the turns. Dave
Sounds good to me let me know!!

Dave and everyone else - keep me in mind next time you are going riding. Spent this weekend getting the SV 650 ready for next weekends track day at Grattan, then the following weekend is first races at Nelson ledges with Fasttrax. After that should have some free time to go riding, once I get the boat ready for summer.

ZZZZZ...

ZZZZZ...

What???

Hmmm???

Ahhh...Is it time to get up?

It's about 10:15 sat morning. I'm going to be heading out in a little bit. Anyone riding today?