• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale HealTech Quick shifter for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob431389

Reaction score
I sold my 2014 FJR but before I let it go I took the quick shifter off. HealTech Model is ISQE-W1. Harness and strain gauge included. Easy to install. It's plug and play to your bike. Only wiring required is to get it switched power. There are instructions on the Heal tech website. It syncs to your phone for setting it up. Very cool. Works like a charm and makes the ride more satisfying. Saves stress on the clutch hand. This model is up shift only. Asking $200. Believe its $319 on the site. email me if interested [email protected]

I sold my 2014 FJR but before I let it go I took the quick shifter off. HealTech Model is ISQE-W1. Harness and strain gauge included. Easy to install. It's plug and play to your bike. Only wiring required is to get it switched power. There are instructions on the Heal tech website. It syncs to your phone for setting it up. Very cool. Works like a charm and makes the ride more satisfying. Saves stress on the clutch hand. This model is up shift only. Asking $200. Believe its $319 on the site. email me if interested [email protected]
I'm impressed by your quick shifter, but on the 2016 and newer six speed bikes you don't need it as it has a soft shifting dogs that make it shift quietly and quickly. Pre load the shift lever then slowly back off the throttle, click click it's in the next gear

Tom Buckley

Hey, Tom, have you had a quick shifter or rode a motorcycle with one?
On my last 2014 BMW RT I had one as part of one of the "safety packages", but it wasn't that great half of the time the gears would crash. I found out by accident that I could shift "clutch less" on my FJR and have never gone back.

Tom Buckley

Not a good idea to shift clutch less as there is still engine load on the transmission. Possible damage to the shifting dogs can occur. The quick shifter momentarily cuts spark and this cut in power unloads the transmission for a very smooth and safe shift. Very easy to install and set up thru the downloadable app. I've used the Heal Tec shifter and I think it works well. Pricey but very reliable.

On my last 2014 BMW RT I had one as part of one of the "safety packages", but it wasn't that great half of the time the gears would crash. I found out by accident that I could shift "clutch less" on my FJR and have never gone back.

Tom Buckley
I test rode an R1200GS and an S100XR on the same day a few years ago (2019?). The clutchless up and down on the quickshifter was perfect on the XR but pretty clunky on the GS. I put it down to the responsiveness and light flywheel of the 4 vs the twin.

My FJR doesn't like clutchless shifting at all....interesting that they could change something mechanical to make it work.

I test rode an R1200GS and an S100XR on the same day a few years ago (2019?). The clutchless up and down on the quickshifter was perfect on the XR but pretty clunky on the GS. I put it down to the responsiveness and light flywheel of the 4 vs the twin.

My FJR doesn't like clutchless shifting at all....interesting that they could change something mechanical to make it work.

Which FJR do yo have? Because, most of my FJRs love clutchless upshifting! Except for the 6-speed. For some reason, those require a lot more finesse and are more difficult to seamlessly clutchless upshift.

2006. I have only tried a couple of times and it wasn't pleasant - rough enough not to try again. I am pretty mechanically sensitive, though.

Which reminds me, I still need to install the slipper clutch I bought a few years ago.