Anyone got an extra 15 grand they could give me?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a nice job on the restoration, but that price seems way out of line. Besides, it's a lot more fun to look at it and reminisce than to actually ride the thing.

So I wonder if the 15k even covers the parts$$ this guy put out for restoration?
Generally not. If you added up the individual part cost on any $5-6k motorcycle it would tally into the 10's of thousands. Most restorations (of any kind) cost lots and lots of money.

You'd better love what you are restoring, or the act of doing it, cause otherwise you're losing money for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kawasaki in the '70's.

Some rare and fast ones.

Kawasaki-H1D-666-Spec-73.jpg

Kawi1600Z1.jpg

And even....

Kawi2300.jpg

My new '73 H2 was purple and I had a 'love -hate' relationship with it for 2 long years and a lot of miles.

Kaw760H22.jpg

Then I traded it for a new '75 900 Z1B, which was a magnificent bike.

Kaw9003.jpg

I actually miss them both...

Yah, yah... different women as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy in my neighborhood had a baby blue H2 when I just got my license. It ran like a raped ape, at least in a straight line. My friend had the 350 triple and I was on a 440 LTD. Needless to say, we couldn't keep up.

I had a 74 Z1 back in the day (76 - 81).

Never got beat in a race (yea, street racing, not smart but I wasn't as smart then)

Raced a Laverda 1000 and whupped him. He said the dealer told him the only bike he had to worry about was the Z1.

In 1980 raced a guy that worked for me. We were leaving work and he was getting on his new XS1100 and commented about my bike: " that was a really nice bike .... in its day." Fightin' words if ever there were any!

We went out and raced and I whupped him so bad I thought he missed 2nd gear. Twice. I waited a few weeks to tell him I was running a high compression bore kit and cams.

I don't think anyone made a faster bike than the original (73 & 74) Z1's until Suzuki's GS1000. I never raced a 750 triple but have read they were very close if the 750 rider could keep the front wheel down.

Nice! I had a Green 74. I had a chance to ride one again several years ago and although fun, I'd spend the $15,000 on something a bit more refined :)