Anyone have a black exhaust?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
I apologize if this is in the wrong area of the forum.

I am considering "blacking out" my exhaust on a 2009 "Raven" colored FJR. I have considered using high temperature black exhaust tape or even getting the pipes ceramic coated. I might leave the cones on the exhaust (front & back) stock silver. The mid pipes from underneath the bike would be black; first cone would stay stock silver; exhaust can would be black; rear cone (where exhaust hole is) would stay stock silver. Also thought about painting the exhaust hanger black to finish the entire exhaust off.

I like the stock exhaust sound and the design of it, just not the color.

I'd love any opinions or thoughts from everybody. Has anyone ever done anything like this?? Seen anything like this??

thanks...

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I am considering "blacking out" my exhaust on a 2009 "Raven" colored FJR. I have considered using high temperature black exhaust tape or even getting the pipes ceramic coated. I might leave the cones on the exhaust (front & back) stock silver. <snip>
Been there, done that!

BlackBeauty.jpg

best one I have of it without taking more; there is a pic by Killboy or US129photos that was posted here recently that shows it a little better.

I took mine to a powder coating place that also did heat coating (there's a difference). I had them not do the actual pipe, only the can. I've also got Gerauld exhaust tips in gunmetal gray on the back.

I am considering "blacking out" my exhaust on a 2009 "Raven" colored FJR.

I like the stock exhaust sound and the design of it, just not the color.

I'd love any opinions or thoughts from everybody. Has anyone ever done anything like this?? Seen anything like this??

thanks...

Mike
Powder coat and paint are a waste of time IMHO. For it to last you need metallic ceramic like Jet Hot or other similar coatings. I had a powder coated pipe it didn't last a thousand miles, had it Jet Hot coated and it's still black as coal after 70K miles.

Latest posts