Anyone in Vancouver WA feeling generous?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarak

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone in the PDX/Couve area has a Carbtune or similar tool that I could borrow/rent for a short time. I tried to use the gauges I bought at Ducks (I know, get what you pay for), but have discovered that not only was one gauge not working right, but it would explain the Throttle Body sync I did seems to make the bike run funny. Hmmmm.

I would be able to repay in kind with some beer, or some cheap booze of your choosing from our local tax free BX. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance. Getting one of these tools is on my list of to dos. Just not quite yet.

Also, if this is in the wrong topic, let me know and I will delete it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if anyone in the PDX/Couve area has a Carbtune or similar tool that I could borrow/rent for a short time. I tried to use the gauges I bought at Ducks (I know, get what you pay for), but have discovered that not only was one gauge not working right, but it would explain the Throttle Body sync I did seems to make the bike run funny. Hmmmm.

I would be able to repay in kind with some beer, or some cheap booze of your choosing from our local tax free BX. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance. Getting one of these tools is on my list of to dos. Just not quite yet.

Also, if this is in the wrong topic, let me know and I will delete it.
Boy, I'd loan you my Motion Pro SyncPRO if you were in this area. Watching the weather I'd bet riding is "tricky" up there right now??

Boy, I'd loan you my Motion Pro SyncPRO if you were in this area. Watching the weather I'd bet riding is "tricky" up there right now??

I thank you for that. The weather where I am right now is just wet and windy. Not too bad if you have the right rain gear. I have ridden in worse, but bike has been torn apart for 5 days for windshield, rewiring my heated grips and to do the throttle body sync. Just put it all back together last night. Was hoping to ride in this morning, but they are calling for more rain today.

Spending my days watching youtube of others riding their FJRs :(

How is Utah?

Amarak,

The weather here in SW UT has been unseasonably warm with very good riding conditions for this time of year. Until yesterday when one of "your" storms finally made it this far south.

Anyway, we've been riding a lot.

Interestingly I just used the Sync Pro the other day while completing a bunch of maintenance tasks on a fellow forum member's 2007 A model. We removed and balanced wheels, replaced the plugs, did the TBS, cleaned the air filter, installed a new battery, wired the bike for a power distribution "block", lubed whatever we could get to including the drive shaft spline, etc., etc.. It was kinda like a one bike "tech day".

Supposed to get another storm tomorrow, but later in the week is predicted to be highs pushing 60º and sunny for the foreseeable future.

Come on down and ride in the sun!

Bob

I would have one as well you could get on loan for a few days. PM me if LDRydr's doesn't work out for some reason.