Around the World in 80 Days (well, the US in 44-sort of)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! What a wonderful ride! Someone earlier said that this is what sport-touring is all about, and I wholeheartedly agree. To make it home unscathed, is icing on the cake. Thank you for taking the time, and effort, to share this with us....most appreciated!

FYI....concerning grits. Here's what you do/need. Get Dixie Lilly grits -NOT INSTANT-, then add an egg (sunny-side-up), add some butter, salt, and pepper. Mix all of them up real good. Use a homemade buttermilk biscuit to sop up with. Yankees use toast. No sugar, honey, or anything to sweeten it up. This combination is heaven! Bacon, though not a must, is like dessert with this breakfast.

This will keep you full for many hours.

Very, very nice Mike! Loved keeping up with your movements. Wish I could of met up with you when you came through my Finger Lakes (Geneva, Waterloo, Seneca Falls) neighborhood... as you already know, I was on my way to NAFO then. :(

What a "Grand Loop" you had, you could say it was Coast to Coast and back!. Keep those memories forever, and, isn't it time to start planning the next trip? ;)

Thank you for bringing us along :)

-KJ

Wow! That's not a ride you get to do every day. Sounds incredible. Hell, it looks incredible. Very nice report.

Great job, Mikey.

….I mean, especially for a man your age.

winksmiley02.gif

(Glad you're home safe and sound, Michael Dawson. Looks to have been one helluva trip.)