Audiovox CCS-100 install today...no problem....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Well, I installed the cruise control I bought from a board member the other day. With the tech forum it was easy... Bolt this on, flip that dip switch, snip this wire put on that vac hose. Bah ,abh. bah... I did use the stock key pad and might go with the toggle switch in the left housing later. Took it out for a test spin, and it worked great...If anyone is interested, needing a unit installed shoot me a pm for a price. I will need 3 to 4 hours to get it done. Here is a pic how I made a small bracket to mount the pad on. Some might think it is to far from the grip.. it might be, but not a big deal to take a hand of the bars to set the speed. It just looked the best there... Smitty

IMG_0540.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good. I'm going to put a stamp on my bike and mail it to you.

Now all you need is some good old fashioned straight aways like we have here in Kansas. All those twisty roads in Missouri and Arkansas won't give you much of a chance to use it.

Chester

what method did you use to attach the servo cable to the throttle?

I pulled the fuel rail and drilled the tang on the throttle stop. In the following link it had the nut on the right side of the tang. cruise install I put it on the left side. The nut would hit the cable at around 3/4 throttle. That can't be good... I also instead if using silicone sealer all over the key pad I used dielectric grease. I popped the cover off and removed the switch and filled the housing with grease. Pressed the switch back in the housing, and it work fine. The silicone is just to ugly for me to look at. But I am sure someone will say that won't work...but it will work for me. :dribble: .

c2insa, I will pm you my phone #. If I can help or have a question, give me a call. Smitty

congrats, smitty - that was quick! I'm glad I could play a small part.

good luck on yours c2insa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smitty,

Perhaps a little off topic, but what the hell...

I have been a way for a bit to move, but coming back around again. Wasn't it you who sold your FJR to get a GSXR, or am I confused with someone else?

-BD

BrunDog - just got off the phone with Smitty and I think he is headed for bed. He's going for an early morning ride with his brother but you are correct. He will post up tomorrow I'm sure.

Smitty,

I have been a way for a bit to move, but coming back around again. Wasn't it you who sold your FJR to get a GSXR, or am I confused with someone else?

-BD

Yes I sold my 04 and bought a Gixxer 1000 (I'm still awake). It was a fun/great bike, but I really missed the FJR. I did a trade with Sparky from this board, my gixxer and some cash for his low mile 05 FJR. Where have you been, missed seeing the dog around here. Smitty

Smitty, congrats and "Atta Boy!" on the CC install. Down to doing it in 3 or 4 hours, eh? Now that is something!

Well done!

And as far as using the CC in MO, you guys are way wrong. There's a ton of places to use it. Remember, Smitty doesn't slow down for curves. :D

Smitty,

-BD

Yes I sold my 04 and bought a Gixxer 1000 (I'm still awake). It was a fun/great bike, but I really missed the FJR. I did a trade with Sparky from this board, my gixxer and some cash for his low mile 05 FJR. Where have you been, missed seeing the dog around here. Smitty
Well done and welcome back!

I recently moved, and tried to get back in the swing on the board a few times but kept getting viruses, locked out, forum hacked, etc. Good to be back though.

True on that 3-4 hours thing. I certainly didn't go for any speed records, but it took me several weekends to get mine fully in, although it included several other electrical farkles. I really concentrated on the tang connection, didn't want to f*ck that up.

-BD

I really concentrated on the tang connection, didn't want to f*ck that up.
Got any pics or technique advice/tips?
Toe, remove the fuel rail so it is easy to get to. Use masking tape to cover the injector holes. On drilling the tang, Use a new bit, and start with a 1/8" then go up. Also go ahead and bolt the chain to the tang while the fuel rail is off. I put the nut on the left side of the tang. It hit the throttle cable the other way. Make sure you you leave a little slack in the chain, and use locktite on the nut that hold the chain on. I am just a phone call away if I can help anyone with this, Just shoot me a pm. I am also on the help list.

Hope this helps... Smitty