Audiovox CCS100 Poll - The First!! (but not final!!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone has a AVCC system that displays the Gen II blues, and you have totally given up on it and removed the AVCC, ping me. I have a torture bench on which I've been abusing grip heaters and there is an open place for an AVCC. I've got a well equipped electronics lab with a large temperature controlled oven that can simulate a motorcycle road trip. Who knows what we may find!
Excellent !!

I may not need to do additional polls at this rate !

I failed to note that rfulcher's bike is an 07, the problem species. Don't know about those-had a successful install on the Gen II, not sure on the year, just know it wasn't an AE.

Mine held a nice steady 95mph across Hwy 95 in Utah in 115 degree heat. But then we installed mine when it was about 15 degrees out so maybe it prefers warmer weather now. :yahoo:

Self install on my 06AE. Works great after 20K miles. No heat, dirt, or water issues when mounted in the tail. It was argued once that the ECMs might be to blame. I've got the new ECU and it still works like a champ.

I have a question for the 4 other NO's in this poll. Have any of you had the ECU replaced? I have not had mine replaced yet

I ride a 07 model, Smitty installed the cruise . Have not had a problem in 15K miles. Love it.

Mac

I have a question for the 4 other NO's in this poll. Have any of you had the ECU replaced? I have not had mine replaced yet
ECU replaced on my 07 a month ago and it did not make any difference.
'06 here, replaced the ECM and it made no difference.

I think part of the question needs to be: How many with problems are mounted under the tank / near heat or under the seat / away from heat. Same for those that are not experiencing any problems.

06 AE here with 6000 miles and the new ECU. I mounted mine under the under the right muffler bracket, between the bracket and the rear tire. Never had any problems. But I think I might need to change the dipp settings. I'd like to make it react a little quicker.

ECU replaced on my 07 a month ago and it did not make any difference.
'06 here, replaced the ECM and it made no difference.

I think part of the question needs to be: How many with problems are mounted under the tank / near heat or under the seat / away from heat. Same for those that are not experiencing any problems.

That's next - further granularity.

Has there ever been a Gen I FJR with an AVCC that did not work eventually? This might narrow down the next survey round a bunch.

Has there ever been a Gen I FJR with an AVCC that did not work eventually? This might narrow down the next survey round a bunch.

Well, I was hoping we'd have a much larger sampling to draw from - so far we only have 59 responses for the poll - not a lot, if you ask me.

GenI bikes may not have room under the tank to mount the servo - so concluding that this is a GenII problem may be coincidental - some folks are looking at the GenII as having a problem - when it may not.

I'm trying to gather empirical data to target what's going on.

If everyone will just humor me, and let me pedantically gather my binary bits, we should get there.

Eliminating all of the variables should result in very obvious pattern.

I have my suspicions at this point, but before I can validate suspicions as fact, we need more information.

And to everyone reading this post - if you know someone with a CCS100 installed on their FJR, and they are NOT aware of this poll, PLEASE let them know about it, ok?

Thanks, Everyone.

Self installed on an 07'A, used a check valve and built a vacuum revervior out of pvc pipe. Skyway mount for the controls on the left perch.

Works flawlessly, no problems.

I havn't had my ECU replaced yet.

I am watching this very closely as I am ready to pull the trigger on a CC. I would like to save the $$ and go with the AVCC and if the poll numbers stay below 10% on the gen II units I will give it a go.

Keep that information flowing boys! :clapping:

I love this forum.

I am watching this very closely as I am ready to pull the trigger on a CC. I would like to save the $$ and go with the AVCC and if the poll numbers stay below 10% on the gen II units I will give it a go.
Keep that information flowing boys! :clapping:

I love this forum.
Roughly 60% of the AVCC installs work on a Gen II. Borrowed from the movie thread: you've got to ask yourself one question--Do I feel lucky? :lol:

Just a thought, I was read on the Concours forum about several that have put them on the new concours 14 and I was wondering if they had encounter any problems? I know they have to use a relay due to something with the LED rear brake lights or something like that. I was almost ready to pull the trigger on a MC Cruise, but I plan to wait to see if we all can get to the bottom of this. Much thanks to Kaitsdad for setting up the poll!

Just installed on a 05 last week end. Used about an hour this week end and all works great. Great addition. :yahoo:

Latest posts