Audiovox Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Reaction score
Just installing my CC tonight. All going well except after I drilled the tab for the little chain to attach to......With the bolt in and the nut tighten down it hits the throtle cable when you have about 3/4 gas on.....Did you guys have to bent the tab more towards the left of the bike? This will let the nut clear the throtle cable and then the nut gets used as the throtle stop instead of the tab. I thought I would check before I get carried away benting the tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does the same, just barely brushes the cable. Don't think it will be a problem, so I just left it as is.

Did you put a vaccumm reservoir and check valve on yours?

I ran mine for a while without one, then installed an empty aerisol can and check valve, made the response better and quite a bit more sensitive to speed changes.

Just installing my CC tonight. All going well except after I drilled the tab for the little chain to attach to......With the bolt in and the nut tighten down it hits the throtle cable when you have about 3/4 gas on.....Did you guys have to bent the tab more towards the left of the bike? This will let the nut clear the throtle cable and then the nut gets used as the throtle stop instead of the tab. I thought I would check before I get carried away benting the tab.
I did not bend the tab on mine, though at first I was getting a small amount of cable play.

I used a locking washer and threadlock on the fastners mounted to the tab and then ground away the very edge of the nut to get the desired clearance. I would not want any cable/nut interference.

Yes I did. I also used a small ( 5 or 6mm) round head bolt (similar to what is holding the fairings) and put the bolt thru from the "top" of the tab, with a nylon lock nut "under" the tab. To more hanging or possibility of hanging.

I bent the tab a little. Also used a button head and a ny-lock nut like uncle radman says. Like the previous post suggests, I put button head towards the cable to provide the least (zero) interference.

Yes I did. I also used a small ( 5 or 6mm) round head bolt (similar to what is holding the fairings) and put the bolt thru from the "top" of the tab, with a nylon lock nut "under" the tab. To more hanging or possibility of hanging.
me too. I would bend the tab, I wouldnt want anything rubbing against the cable.