• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auxiliary Fuel Cell for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling a very good, never used Sampson Sport Touring aux fuel cell that comes with the built-in back rest that he was fitting to the fuel cells he built approx. four years ago. Bought the cell and fitted an second fuel tank with the adapter bung but never actually got around to completing the connection process and riding the bike. I did fit the aux tank, connected lines and such to confirm that all would work as described in 2012. All my riding has been of in stages that didn't require use of the aux tank.

Have gone to a "frankentank" this year so am selling this fuel cell and all lines and fittings. Will ship to USA address or to Canadian address. Will also send pictures. And am adding a few to my smug mug web site: https://ptc05gsadv/motorcycles/2008-Yamaha

Asking $600.00 US for the entire set up but pricing is negotiable. You can also reach me vie my email address: [email protected]

Cheers,

Peter C

Further details on fuel cell dimensions:

Length at the bottom (tapers by about 2 inches to the top) = just under 13 inches

Width (uniform top to bottom) = 12 inches

Depth of tank other than at filler neck = 8 inches

Thanks to Justin for fixing the link, I am a "noob" at some of this stuff.

Peter

Good day to all,

James K. and I didn't get to a deal due to the dimensions of the tank versus his GIVI top case dimensions.

In my humble opinion, the best situation for mounting this tank other than on the rear seat or in that space would be on a bike that does not use a top case but does have an empty rear rack.

Alternatively a rear rack such as one of the BMR products, but one of many, would be the perfect alternative to the rear seat location. I know that many IBA riders and distance riders don't use the rear seat at all and fit a rack over the rear seat area. In this case this tank would also be a slam-dunk solution to giving you a quick LD setup . The tank will work perfectly placed longitudinally along the seats or turned 90 degrees and oriented laterally either over the rear seat on a rack or on the rear luggage (top case) rack.

With this in mind I am officially reducing the asking price from $600.00 to $500.00 with the rear back rest included. If you don't want/need the rear back rest, then the asking price is $425.00.

Thanks for your interest, hoping for a sale soon.
smile.png

Peter

I do hope someone will take advantage of this deal, sorry Peter that I wasn't able to make this work with my particular setup. Best of luck with the sale.

Hello everyone, Just wanted to bump this advert and let the community know that the tank and associated tubing and valve are still for sale, would love to make a sale, pricing is flexible ladies and gents.

Have a great weekend!

Peter