Awesomeness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all done with computers an gizmos... :)

BTW, Where the hell have you been?

You still owe me a beer....
Wait, what? I owe you a beer? How did that happen?

I took a long break from here after TWN passed. Then three of my riding friends ate it. It was hard to come back - kinda like returning to your elementary school - you recognize it, but it's just not the same.

I took a long break from here after TWN passed. Then three of my riding friends ate it. It was hard to come back - kinda like returning to your elementary school - you recognize it, but it's just not the same.
I completely understand. But there are still friends here in the land of the living who obviously still care about you (even if it is for an owed beer... ;) ). Life is precious and every moment counts so don't hole up in your shell because of loss... for you will lose even more. Death is a part of life... so live and love as much and as well as you can while you can. :)

I completely understand. But there are still friends here in the land of the living who obviously still care about you (even if it is for an owed beer... ;) ). Life is precious and every moment counts so don't hole up in your shell because of loss... for you will lose even more. Death is a part of life... so live and love as much and as well as you can while you can. :)
+1

(I really hope to meet you someday Tyler..)

*snip*
I looked an looked an here's the post, copied an pasted. I didn't link to it. Somebody would reply to a 3 year old thread, I'm sure... :)

This was your post after EOM 08....

Home Safe and Sound Thread

Check In Here

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi Folks!

I'm home safe and sound. I had a blast!! The ride up 219 to 50 was 5 hours of recess, WHAT FUN!!! Thanks, Heidi and Dirk, for suggesting it.

Too, thanks to the EOM staff: JWilly, Scab, Extrememarine, Fencer, HaulinAshe, the Meadows, and everyone else I'm forgetting. That was a great location and a very successful event.

What I learned at EOM is that the Eastern Owners are all about family. What a great group of people you all yall are. See you all yall next year.

JWilly - I nearly chipped my teeth on the pavement I was laughing so hard - you have a hella knack for telling a story.

PS- Thank you to whomever gave me the pat on the top of the helmet signal (LEO warning) on 60 as we passed each other on Saturday. I owe you the beverage of your choice.

:)

I can't remember what I had for lunch, but I NEVER forget a beverage.... :lol:

Good ta see ya gettin back around. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

*snip*
I looked an looked an here's the post, copied an pasted. I didn't link to it. Somebody would reply to a 3 year old thread, I'm sure... :)

This was your post after EOM 08....

Home Safe and Sound Thread

Check In Here

Posted 21 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Hi Folks!

I'm home safe and sound. I had a blast!! The ride up 219 to 50 was 5 hours of recess, WHAT FUN!!! Thanks, Heidi and Dirk, for suggesting it.

Too, thanks to the EOM staff: JWilly, Scab, Extrememarine, Fencer, HaulinAshe, the Meadows, and everyone else I'm forgetting. That was a great location and a very successful event.

What I learned at EOM is that the Eastern Owners are all about family. What a great group of people you all yall are. See you all yall next year.

JWilly - I nearly chipped my teeth on the pavement I was laughing so hard - you have a hella knack for telling a story.

PS- Thank you to whomever gave me the pat on the top of the helmet signal (LEO warning) on 60 as we passed each other on Saturday. I owe you the beverage of your choice.

:)

I can't remember what I had for lunch, but I NEVER forget a beverage.... :lol:

Good ta see ya gettin back around. :thumbsup:
Hole E Shit! That was you???? Crap, I hate owin' anybody anythin'. This has to be resolved in a soup sammich kinda way. I think I have to crash EOM, 2011, on a beemer, no less, just to issue the requisite FYYFF in a TWN kinda way. (Too, it leaves more beer than pouring one on the ground for him.)

Yeah, prolly have to head out to EOM to say hullo to some effers and settle a debt.

And Tyler - of course you're right. Some shit is just hard. But the hard shit in life is the stuff that puts the lines of character on your face and the grey in your hair. I'm all in in that respect.

Best,

And Tyler - of course you're right. Some shit is just hard. But the hard shit in life is the stuff that puts the lines of character on your face and the grey in your hair. I'm all in in that respect.

Best,
Yup... I've found that most difficult times in my life have resulted in the greatest personal growth. Hard as shit to go through but if you can work your way through it to the other side, there is almost always great reward. I also personally believe that folks that go before us aren't really gone... I've "felt" some dearly departed friends beside me at times... sounds like new age-y crapola, I know, but there it is. If you keep them in your heart, they will always be with you and sometimes in a greater capacity. :)

And as for character, someone once said to me, "God won't give you anything more than you can handle." To which I replied, "Yeah, but I just wish S/He didn't trust me so much!" :lol: And I've got the lines and grey hair (well, underneath my "natural" color) to prove it too! ;)

Me too, honey. B)

Hole E Shit! That was you???? Crap, I hate owin' anybody anythin'. This has to be resolved in a soup sammich kinda way. I think I have to crash EOM, 2011, on a beemer, no less, just to issue the requisite FYYFF in a TWN kinda way. (Too, it leaves more beer than pouring one on the ground for him.)

Yeah, prolly have to head out to EOM to say hullo to some effers and settle a debt.
I hadn't planned on going to EOM, but a free drink? I've ridden further for less... :)

If you go, I'll go..

And I might not ride an FJR either......

I hadn't planned on going to EOM, but a free drink? I've ridden further for less... :)

If you go, I'll go..

Deal. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'll hit San Antonio and San Diego in the next couple of weeks, so if you're tavelin', we can settle up then.

Back to the more likely, truth be told, I hate performance awards more than debt; you saved me a monster award. Thanks for that, this much (arms as wide as they go). I'd be happy to tip a glass somewhere to say thanks in a physical way. If it's EOM, that would be cool. EOM is awesomeness in 3D - the people are SO COOL. I left a lung in the parking lot I was laughing so hard. People you flat love are what you find at EOM.

If it's not EOM, I won't forget. You're covered in some kinda way. And THANK YOU!

Best,

If you go, I'll go..

Deal. I'll keep you posted.

Also, I'll hit San Antonio and San Diego in the next couple of weeks, so if you're tavelin', we can settle up then.

Back to the more likely, truth be told, I hate performance awards more than debt; you saved me a monster award. Thanks for that, this much (arms as wide as they go). I'd be happy to tip a glass somewhere to say thanks in a physical way. If it's EOM, that would be cool. EOM is awesomeness in 3D - the people are SO COOL. I left a lung in the parking lot I was laughing so hard. People you flat love are what you find at EOM.

If it's not EOM, I won't forget. You're covered in some kinda way. And THANK YOU!

Best,

:thumbsup:

Yeah, PupSqueak, you owe ME a beer too?

Remember? :lol:

Hey Ari, I get it.

I too was devastated, first with Andrew then Tim.

I have Tim's DL650, it now has 30k on it,

think of Tim EVERY time I ride.

Somehow, you have to get to the gettin'

and know that life is for now,

in the present

with those who are here

to enjoy and love the moments

of everyday life and wonderment,

while remembering fondly

those whose circle of life has completed.

Welcome back Ari,

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

..ps where's my fucking beer? :p

Somehow, you have to get to the gettin'

and know that life is for now,

in the present

with those who are here

to enjoy and love the moments

of everyday life and wonderment,

while remembering fondly

those whose circle of life has completed.
Just when I think yer a big tough biker guy... You pull a sappy on me :blink:

Nice quote though ;)

Cool vid Ari! I like his sound