Backrest WITH Givi Trunk mounted?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLS

Reaction score
I bought my FJR used and it came with a Givi 46 and a backrest that can be mounted, but it wont fit with the Givi on.

The Givi has a backrest pad on it, but honestly I dont trust its strength and have told the fiancé not to lean too heavily on it.

I mounted the backrest and she likes it much better than the Givi rest.

So I figured out I could mount BOTH, but I had to move the Givi quick-detach plate towards the rear more. Which ultimately gives me LESS confidence in the thing staying on with gear in it.

Were doing a 6 day trip over the 4th of July and Id REALLY like both. Anybody ever try this config and trust the trunk to stay on?

Any other issues I should be concerned with?

This is NOT my bike, but it appears to be the EXACT same backrest/trunk I have.

https://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/sqd657/DSCN5240.jpg

https://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/sqd657/DSCN5113.jpg

I use a Givi E55 and an SR357 mount, and she can lean all she wants, it isn't going anywhere. I have an aftermarket backrest as well, one that incorporates the stock luggage rack rather than the SR357. I don't see it as being nearly as strong as the E55/SR357 combo. My CWI backrest isn't mountable with the Givi installed either.

I use a Givi E55 and an SR357 mount, and she can lean all she wants, it isn't going anywhere. I have an aftermarket backrest as well, one that incorporates the stock luggage rack rather than the SR357. I don't see it as being nearly as strong as the E55/SR357 combo. My CWI backrest isn't mountable with the Givi installed either.
I appreciate the help Lumberg. However I'm hoping to avoid spending another $100 for a mount.

But it is good to know that will work.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BLS" data-cid="1239143" data-time="1434998076"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Bill Lumberg" data-cid="1239140"><p>I use a Givi E55 and an SR357 mount, and she can lean all she wants, it isn't going anywhere. I have an aftermarket backrest as well, one that incorporates the stock luggage rack rather than the SR357. I don't see it as being nearly as strong as the E55/SR357 combo. My CWI backrest isn't mountable with the Givi installed either. </p></blockquote>

I appreciate the help Lumberg. However I'm hoping to avoid spending another $100 for a mount.<br />

But it is good to know that will work.</p></blockquote>

Spend the $100 now and avoid the expense of having to

repair your frame later. The SR357 is rock solid and

can hold a ton. Better safe than sorry.

Latest posts