Bad news for me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruWrecks

Still chewing thru the Restraints
Reaction score
After all the work to get the 07's up and running correctly...

Mine is now gone. :(

I'm currently going through a divorce. The FJR had to go for me to avoid a total raping by the wife in court. If I kept it I was at risk of loosing my truck. I need the truck more than the bike right now (I don't ride in the snow, and winter is coming quickly). I miss it very much. I guess I'll have to see what happens at the hearing in a few weeks. If things don't go any worse I'll get another or buy back mine if they still have it, after I sell my house and pay the wife 50% of the profit. I need to find another house for myself and my dogs. They need a yard to run in, and property is getting really expensive around the Puget Sound area.

I will drop in once in a while to see what's new. Ride safe, and stop crashing!

TruWrecks

I'm currently going through a divorce. The FJR had to go for me to avoid a total raping by the wife in court. If I kept it I was at risk of loosing my truck. I need the truck more than the bike right now (I don't ride in the snow, and winter is coming quickly). I miss it very much. I guess I'll have to see what happens at the hearing in a few weeks. If things don't go any worse I'll get another or buy back mine if they still have it, after I sell my house and pay the wife 50% of the profit. I need to find another house for myself and my dogs. They need a yard to run in, and property is getting really expensive around the Puget Sound area.

TruWrecks
We wish you the best. Hopefully things work out and you get back on the road soon. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BTDT! Getting back into motorcycling was my reward. I wish you the best and hopefully everything will quickly "turn around" for you. Once you are through the frustration, the ache will subside.

Awaiting the day of your return as a new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear it. I hope you are able to get another one soon. Thanks so much for the work you have done with the 07's. Mine is running great now and I'm no longer afraid to ride it at altitude!!

V

Scheisse! :angry2: Hate to hear that, TruWrecks. I wish you the best of luck getting through that mess.

Thanks for all you did. Looking forward to your triumphant return in the near future.

Man... I'm really sorry. The seperation from a loved one that you've shared so many great times with. It must really hurt to let her go. Just remember, there are other fish in the sea. :cray:

You'll find another one, and she'll be even better to you!

Oh yeah, and then there's the ex-wife.

I feel your pain. Going through the early stages of the same thing myself. I initially was going to sell my 07 but decided to let it contribute to the "community debt" column. Hope things work out for you soon.

I sure hope everything will work out for you. Even though I have an '05, I really appreciate all the effort you put into the issues with the '07 model. Good luck!!

Sorry to hear it.

When things are looking really dark, think about how she won't be around in the spring when you're riding again and it's warm out!

Bob

I'm sure that every rider here would agree that all rough roads, while being a complete pain in the ass when we're on them, eventually end. Here's hoping you get to some smooth pavement very soon!

As I recall, some of the worst days of my life occurred when the same thing happened to me. But here I am, years later, doin' fine and much better off than I think I would have been had things remained the same. One day some years back my therapist and I celebrated my coming to grips with it all by ceremoniously burning the caricature of the ex I had created, first removing all the knives and bullets so as to not pollute the local atmosphere with lead and Chinese steel fumes and endanger all the children of the world. Very therapeutic.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Some times a subscription to the soldier of fortune magazine would come in handy for thimes like this.

you know answer an add for a needed hit man :yahoo:

Dom't worry things will work out

Another case of bad things happening to good people. Hang tough, time will find you in a much better place in life.

That sucks man, but I'm a firm believer in something that my Grandmother used to tell me...

"Everything happens for a reason. We may not understand it at the time, but there's a reason."

Best of luck to you on this mess.

Wow, after all that work you went through, that's really too bad, a lot of us know how you feel. Hang in there, things will get better, it doesn't seem like it now, but they will. Hopefully by summer, you can get your bike back, or maybe an 08. Let us know how things are going.

Greg

Crap Tru... like MM2, I've BTDT, many years ago. It sucks at first, but later on you'll probably be glad it happened. After the dust settles, er, the bullets stop flying, find an old beater bike, just something to get back on 2. Hang tough.

Its stories like this that reinforce my belief in just dating for a long period of time instead of getting married. I mean then in 10 years if it doesn't work out, you don't loose half of your savings.

TruWrecks
Don't get remarried. Find a Sugar Mommy that will buy you another bike. Simple. :)