Bag's been de-decaled

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Seemingly, both at the same time, during this last week.  What are the statistics that allow both decals to loose factory adhesion same day?  I assume there is a factory recall of highest priority? Can't figure if I'm targeted by jealous riders of lesser machines, I was in Ballard, WA  last week, with the worst sort of scooter trash. 🙃  Throwing it out here for laughs.  Thanks
51145818964_a249960383_o_d.jpg

And Yamaha is *really* proud of those replacement decals.  Worth *more* than their weight in gold!  DAMHIK....

I would get better offer dropping ScooterG's name on the Prosser, WA dealer, suggesting a high miler going to bust open on the YES program they sell. But if I have to sale his soul to get a 19' A, it's the least I can do.

About 9 years ago, my beloved 2008 FJR had the misfortune of flopping down on both sides on a certain section of Arkansas 123, but that's another story. I had the bags repaired and painted, but they were logo-free.  We had gotten a new 3D printer at work, and needed a few small jobs to try it out. So I made a 3D model that was semi-stylized text that said "Yamaha FJR Sport", and had a recess on the back surface to allow for the 3M VHB to be installed to stick them to the bags. Not nearly as durable as the factory logos (except maybe certain years, apparently), but they have held up so far. Let your mind run wild....make your own design.  Good luck.

..and the decal thingie isn't avail from Yamaha for all years. IIRC looked for 2013, no luck, but 2006 yes.