Baker Boys Yamaha, Oklahoma City, OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrboomer

Reaction score
I purchased my 07 FJR from Baker Boys Yamaha on 12-4-07. I have taken it back for the 600 mile, 4000 mile and 8000 mile services. To date I have been largely satisfied with their service. The only exception was on the 4000 mile service they overfilled the oil. They corrected that with an apology.

Last week I called about getting a PR 2 rear tire and doing the 8000 mile service. Randy, the Service Manager volunteered that my bike was due the alt. mod for the ECU and he would order it for me. Both the tire and the ECU mod were ordered last Wednesday. I was told it would be at least Tuesday, 1-6 before they would get them due to the New Year. I got a call yesterday that the parts were in and I scheduled the work for today. I dropped off the bike at about 10am and it was ready at 4pm.

I should add that they have sent me 3 letters over the last year offering 15% off any parts or accessories. I used the latest one for everything but the tire. The parts manager had already given me a discount (larger) on it when I ordered it. The parts manager and the salesman are both sport bike riders and very knowledgeable about anything technical regarding bikes.

Based on my experience, I would recommend using Baker Boys if you are in this area. After reading so many comments about bad dealers on this and other forums I thought everyone should know there is another good one in this area. I should add that I am not affiliated in any way with Baker Boys except as a satisfied customer. JMO

This is an update on my previous report on Baker Boys Yamaha. After my last visit it seemed to me that after the tire change that the rear tire was not turning as freely as it did before on the center stand. I assumed the brake was dragging a little bit so I took it back. They checked it and said the brake was functioning properly but with a stethascope they coule hear a noise in the final drive.

Randy, the Service manager told me I could take it and bring it back later or leave it. He said that since I had Y.E.S that he would have to get Yamaha's okay to crack open the final drive case for inspection. That was last week. Today he called and advised they got approval and opened it up and inspected it. Nothing was found to explain the noise. They put it back together and checked it again. No noise so they compared the resistance of the rotation against another FJR they had in and said they were about the same. I can pick up the bike tomorrow. I am not mechanically inclined so I must rely on others when it comes to something of this nature.

My point is that they have addressed my problem in a reasonable time frame and with a cooperative attitude. What the problem was or if there really was one I guess I will never know but they took action to address my concerns. That is all I think one can ask. So Baker Boys Yamaha still gets my approval.

I know Randy, and Chan from my days as a rep for Yamaha, They are a great dealership, I am glad to see someone giving them some positive feedback.