Bar End Recommendations?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSLong

Reaction score
I'd like to get some bigger (heavier) bar ends, but all the stuff on Ebay is aluminum.

I don't need the Throttlemeister ones, so I'm looking for a quality steel end.

Any recommendations? Links?

Thanks,

Jeff

I really like my Manic Salamanders. They are each a full 16oz of Stainless Steel goodness. I have the tapered ones and throttle lock. I believe you can get them just as bar ends tapered too, ask Paul he's a good guy (at least in my dealings with him).

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Areostich, Bar ender helmet locks. They are brushed stainless steel, nice and heavy, and really accent the silver panels on the FJRs, and are great locking devises as well, with quality barrel type locks. with these and a 6 foot, 1/8" dia cable I can lock 2 helmets and 2 jackets.

Some models of Triumphs (Tigers and Sprints for sure) from around 2000 thru 2006 and maybe later use a real nice stainless steel bar end that is a two-piece design with rubber in between for a little extra damping effect. They have sort of a "lathe-turned" finish (not highly polished) that looks pretty cool. Mounting is with a M6 screw like the FJR. I picked up a spare set on ebay for $25 that found their way onto my FJR. You will pay +$100 if you go through the dealer for the parts. You can catch a glimpse of mine in my Handlebar and Vista-Cruise write-ups (follow the link in my sig line). Sorry - don't have access to my pix right now, but I can post a close-up view later if someone is interested.

I just purchase some bar ends and posed a few questions on the board as well. I went with the Manic Salamanders. Their website was a bit confusing for me - but the jist is you want to go with the Smooth City Bar Ends (the original "Original Bar-End Weights" on his site are the old style and are being phased out).

I also noticed buried in his website is the recommendation not to use the Pounder version of bar end if you have Helibars. Well, I have Helibars and confirmed with him on the phone - that the Classic (at 12.5 oz) is the best model for the FJR with Helibars. Apparently, sometimes bar ends can be TOO heavy for a given bike.

I have not yet rec'd or installed the bar ends yet (ETA today according to UPS :yahoo: ) - so I can't comment on how well they work.

Anyway... hope this helps.

Scott

I have a set of SS ones made by JARMO who is a forum member here but who is not a huge poster....not like some people we know. I thought there was a picture of them around here somewhere but couldn't find it for you. You might want to check some of his previous posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have the Manic salamander 16oz tapered bar end weights with the Heli upper triple and they work great for me. I have even tried some of the other bar end weights out there and came back to the salamander's. Which can be seen in my pic

MaineFJrally044.jpg