bar end weights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These work the best! Manic Salamander!
https://www.manicsalamander.com/bar_end_weight.htm

6mm_stainless_600.jpg

Another big +1 to the Manic Salamander. I love these things.

Bull, according to their website they ship all over, Canada included.
https://www.linkpointcart.net/cgi-bin/cart....159889324R9485E

Follow the link to their checkout.
I must have been hitting a software glitch Fossil (thanks for the lead by the way) :D - I got an e-mail from Mr Salamander today saying he'd be happy to arrange a shipment to Canada.

Good service - so hats off to the Manic dudes..... so far. I'll post a report once I get the big muckers on. I'll try to fit some other kind of grips too - those stock Yammie grips are like holding on to the thick end of a snooker cue. I wouldn't exactly say Yamaha went overboard on either the design or investment phase when it came to slapping the grips on the FJR.

Having said that though - I've only had my FJR for 850km - and I still can't for the life of me believe the power in this machine. Smooth roll on - tons of it - and I'm still keeping it under 4,500 rpm's!

Hi,

I can't believe I never found this forum before. I was just doing some research and found you guys. Thanks to those who have mentioned our HVMP bar ends. I hope those of you who've bought them have found them useful.

There are many other fine bar ends out there such as throttlemeister, manic-salamander, and some of the really nice home brewed ones shown here. Vibration is such a subjective thing, and all bikes even across the same model will vary in their level of buzziness. Bar ends do help, and the difference they make has been described as earth-shatteringly (is that a word?) dramatic to mildly perceptible.

No hard sell from me here, our product speaks for itself as do the others. Choose what you like and most of all ride safe. If you have any questions email us at [email protected].

HVMP

www.HVMP.com

Hi,
I can't believe I never found this forum before. I was just doing some research and found you guys. Thanks to those who have mentioned our HVMP bar ends. I hope those of you who've bought them have found them useful.

There are many other fine bar ends out there such as throttlemeister, manic-salamander, and some of the really nice home brewed ones shown here. Vibration is such a subjective thing, and all bikes even across the same model will vary in their level of buzziness. Bar ends do help, and the difference they make has been described as earth-shatteringly (is that a word?) dramatic to mildly perceptible.

No hard sell from me here, our product speaks for itself as do the others. Choose what you like and most of all ride safe. If you have any questions email us at [email protected].

HVMP

www.HVMP.com

Bought HVMP two years ago, reduced vibrations.

Very good service, fast delivery, very happy with them.

Not expensive :rolleyes:

I put on large bar end weights and Grip Puppies - worked extremely well. Changed grips and some vibes came back - going back to Grip Puppies over stock grips...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Top Gun bar end weights on my '05. I can't say they effected the bar vibes one way or the other but I do like the looks of them.

I did the TB sync at EOM and couldn't tell much difference w/ that either...although only a small adjustment was needed.

I can feel the vibes in my grips if I pay attention but I guess I'm just not that sensitive to the bar vibrations...it doesn't seem to bother me...even on long rides.

And, I still have the "hard-as-a-rock" stock grips on my bike.

I think the biggest improvement I could make would be to reduce the tension by the throttle return springs which I haven't done yet but plan to this winter.

I have the Top Gun bar end weights on my '05. I can't say they effected the bar vibes one way or the other but I do like the looks of them.
I did the TB sync at EOM and couldn't tell much difference w/ that either...although only a small adjustment was needed.

I can feel the vibes in my grips if I pay attention but I guess I'm just not that sensitive to the bar vibrations...it doesn't seem to bother me...even on long rides.

I think the biggest improvement I could make would be to reduce the tension by the throttle return springs which I haven't done yet but plan to this winter.

Maybe the ''hard - as - a - rock'' stock grips is cause by the vibrations :D :D :D

I have a set of the black powder coat Manic Salamander weights f/s in the classified section. Loved them, but bought the same in the stainless finish instead of the black.

Maybe the ''hard - as - a - rock'' stock grips is cause by the vibrations :D :D :D
Even w/ the engine not running, the grips are still "hard-as-a-rock."

And, Pierre, I do like your avatar :yahoo:

I'm using the throttlemeister heavy bar ends weights with cruise control, they seem to work well. :D