Barbarian jumper MOD years

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcadianSlim

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought an 05 and would like to try the Barbarian jumper MOD. I assume since this is a Gen I bike, the procedure is the same as what's described here.

Before i delve into this procedure, just thought I'd check in case there is something unusual about doing this with the 05.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about your '05 but on my 2010 (acquired last June) the modification certainly was worth it. All my CO numbers were set at zero from the factory. I found that +10 on all four smoothed out idle and greatly reduced slow speed surging. Hope it works for you. Oh, only a very slight drop in average fuel economy.

Ok, I've been a member of ViragoTech for two years now - I have a 98 1100SE, which I love - and with no disrespect intended to my Virago brothers, THIS forum absolutely rocks!! Three replies within hours, all straight answers, all helpful...WOW!

Seriously, I'm loving this :)

thanks all, will post update after I do the mod (hopefully this weekend).

Ok, I've been a member of ViragoTech for two years now - I have a 98 1100SE, which I love - and with no disrespect intended to my Virago brothers, THIS forum absolutely rocks!! Three replies within hours, all straight answers, all helpful...WOW!
Seriously, I'm loving this
smile.png

thanks all, will post update after I do the mod (hopefully this weekend).
Didn't use to allways work that way but I am glad it did.

Dave