Barbarian Jumper Mod

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrbrad

Reaction score
I did the Barabarian mod and now I am trying to adjust the settings. The problem I have is that when I try to toggle to the co mode it wont do it, it just stays in diag mode. Shut the bike off and tried it again, nothing. Is there any way to start from scratch with this. It will definately not go to co mode for me by pressing the select button. This is step 12 on the instruction sheet. HELP PLEASE.

Just checked it again and everything is correct. Took the jumper out, reinserted it and snapped it back in place. Still will not go from diag and then toggle to co mode. Now my question is without being able to adjust each cylinder, should I reverse this mod or just run it the way it is. Would love to be able to adjust the settings. Again any HELP would be appreciated. Is there any way to start over from scratch as I think the first time I tried it I might have pushed the wrong button by mistake and now it will not let me toggle to the co mode. Thanks.

A very common problem with the ecu connector is that when you are moving the wire for the mod, others can drift out, and as a result, funny things can happen. DAMHIK

I would suggest that you verify that all wires are completely seated before snapping in the hold bar. Trust me, this can drive you nuts.

...and you are following these directions for configuring a 2nd gen (not the same as first gen instructions)?
Printed those instructions out and followed them. Twice. Out of total frustration I went back to the normal setup. Hopefully with the throttle return spring mod it will make it a little more driveable. What a night of frustration though. Oh well I will try again down the road. If the other wires were not seated properly or things were out of alignment would the clip go back into place? and would it start and run O.K.? Baffled.

I wrote the directions for the BJM and CO mod. You must make sure the pins are seated properly in the plug and you must follow the sequence of button pushes. If you do, it should work.

Jon