Battery relocation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keyzcat

Reaction score
Being an A.S.E certified auto mechanic for 30+ years,I've always worked on my own bikes and like to tinker. Has anyone looked at relocating the battery to below the seat where the ECU is? Looks like it would fit,thus putting all of that battery weight lower in the center of the bike,and then relocate the ECU to under the Passenger seat,even more out of the elements. Just a random thought from an over busy mind. :blink:

Has anyone looked at relocating the battery to below the seat where the ECU is?
Talked about many times, but nobody ever has done it that I remember....or has reported back.

Here and many others if you search on terms like relocating battery site:fjrforum.com at Google.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't quite remember what happened to the dude but he was determined to make a street fighter out of an FJR.

Check out his "battery box" Clicky

I must say that the real reason for the relocation is because I had a bad coil that only broke down under certain conditions (hard accel @ 4000 rpm in 4th) that was cause by battery leaking on to coil from overflow tubes. And no-It's not overcharging,cked within specs,but the coils are directly below the battery.

I must say that the real reason for the relocation is because I had a bad coil that only broke down under certain conditions (hard accel @ 4000 rpm in 4th) that was cause by battery leaking on to coil from overflow tubes. And no-It's not overcharging,cked within specs,but the coils are directly below the battery.
Did the Gen 1's come with standard lead acid batteries? The Gen 2 has a sealed AGM with no overflow tube.

Did the Gen 1's come with standard lead acid batteries? The Gen 2 has a sealed AGM with no overflow tube.
My '04 was sealed. And according to the model # on the battery, it was OEM, plus the bike was less than a year old, so Idoubt the original owner had replaced it with the low age and miles it had on it..