BBG Hell Week - Mission Complete!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would LOVE to see the GPS tracks for this! I still cant believe you had the stamina to do such a thing!

WOW! Nice. Great adventures are only great while you are telling about them not while you are having them. The tale will be worth the wait.

I would LOVE to see the GPS tracks for this!
I'll not be posting routes until after the IBA has done the review its going to do.

However..... :D

For those wise enough to attend WFO-6 in Park City this weekend, I am putting together a Powerpoint slideshow of the several dozen photos that were taken during the event, including some quite scary photos of myself in the latter stages, these photos truly show the Face of the Exhausted Insanity..... :eek:

I still cant believe you had the stamina to do such a thing!
Normally, I myself alone, would not.

Key to the success was all in the planning. When all was said and done, I was able to keep 75% of my normal sleeping habits. This is a huge, huge advantage over those who take a full 22-ish hours to bang out a BBG. That doesn't cut it for very long. If you can obtain only 2-ish hours to sleep every night - if that - well, that pretty much guarantees a halt to your ride after only a few days.

But to have 4+ hours of pure sleep every night, night after night, this paid huge dividends.

As did having Brian Roberts - who knows his way around a Blackbird since he owns one, and has the tools/time/know-how to use them - maintain the machine while I slept. For me to have had to worry/fret about this tasking in addition to the energy requirements it takes just to ride a BBG day-after-day, this would have been a very costly in the form of energy wasted.

Normally, I myself alone, would not.
Key to the success was all in the planning. When all was said and done, I was able to keep 75% of my normal sleeping habits. This is a huge, huge advantage over those who take a full 22-ish hours to bang out a BBG. That doesn't cut it for very long. If you can obtain only 2-ish hours to sleep every night - if that - well, that pretty much guarantees a halt to your ride after only a few days.

But to have 4+ hours of pure sleep every night, night after night, this paid huge dividends.

As did having Brian Roberts - who knows his way around a Blackbird since he owns one, and has the tools/time/know-how to use them - maintain the machine while I slept. For me to have had to worry/fret about this tasking in addition to the energy requirements it takes just to ride a BBG day-after-day, this would have been a very costly in the form of energy wasted.
Many races are won or lost in the pits, where credit is given, but fame is not. Good job WC, and Crew Chief Roberts as well. ;)

Insane. Grats on the achieving the goal WC!!!

Glad to hear your arm held in there long enough to complete the challenge. Of course a big thanks to your support team on a job well done also!

absolutely incredible... congratulations :clapping:

Ran into your BlackBird brothers at Ely NV on Friday the 13th and they didn't think you would make it because of the arm... don't think they figured you'd be starting the BBG X 7 the next day. Absolutely fantastic, your dedication and planning is an inspiration to all that swing a leg over a bike.

Ron

Dale,

I want to add my congradulations on your amazing accomplishment. When it comes to raising the bar in Long Distance Riding, you have set it higher than I could have imagined. I salute you and your team.

Mario Winkelman

LDComfort.com

Dale,
I want to add my congradulations on your amazing accomplishment. When it comes to raising the bar in Long Distance Riding, you have set it higher than I could have imagined. I salute you and your team.

Mario Winkelman

LDComfort.com
Thanks, Mario, appreciate your kind words.

And I'll have you know that all 10,636 miles were ridden while wearing your LDComfort shorts.

Every - single - day!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Warchild, and to Brian and Jan for making it possible. I'm glad to hear your planning worked out (mostly) as expected. That had to be half the battle, plus the sit here & twist that bits. :)

My friends think I'm nuts for burning up a set of Storms in 3 weeks. I guess no matter how crazy someone may be, there's always someone just a bit more intense.

Too bad you didn't do this in late August/early September. You could've been back to St. Louis 3 1/2 days early. :D

Dale,<Snip>

LDComfort.com
Thanks, Mario, appreciate your kind words.

And I'll have you know that all 10,636 miles were ridden while wearing your LDComfort shorts.

Every - single - day!!!!!!
The SAME PAIR? ewe....
It gets better..... the same shirt and socks as well!!!

But you can relax.... Jan Roberts washed my clothes every night after working on my hands.....

Wow incredible to acconplish a feat so huge.

Now when is Yamaha going to feature you in a commercial riding and promoting the FJR?

You need to be recognized world wide for all that you do. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Wow incredible to acconplish a feat so huge.
Now when is Yamaha going to feature you in a commercial riding and promoting the FJR?

You need to be recognized world wide for all that you do. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
ummm.....did you read the part where he was on his Honda Blackbird? I don't disagree with your comments, just with who would be doing the feature.

Ok, I read it, so we will split the differnce, right side paint Honda colors, The most seen side Yamaha colors

W. C most likely has sold more FJR's for Yamaha than they can even imagine with what he does to promote this bike

my dimes worth.... GO W.C. :clapping:

:unsure: W. C most likely has sold more FJR's for Yamaha than they can even imagine with what he does to promote this bike :unsure:
For the most part that statement is true. I'm not so sure Yamaha would be as proud of what was said when WC owned Timex (a ticker...).