Because WE can

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were out on Saturday 14th. We had a much better day than this Italian pilot who found some gravel in his path on the 13th.

2012-01-15T115245Z_01_MXR01_RTRIDSP_3_ITALY-SHIP.jpg

We were out on Saturday 14th. We had a much better day than this Italian pilot who found some gravel in his path on the 13th.

2012-01-15T115245Z_01_MXR01_RTRIDSP_3_ITALY-SHIP.jpg
LOL!

How the Hell do you run a ship this size in calm waters into the ground? Do they not have sonar? Do they not have established routes & water depth mininums? Did he think we was just gonna park it at the community dock? Can you imagine the size of the insurance claim this gonna be for them?

I mean seriously!!!!

The Captain reportedly took the ship off route to impress the islanders. They are impressed all right. He says the gravel was not on is map. Darn hate when my maps are all messed up like that. I have taken my ship (bike) off route but never had the same result as this poor dumb ba#$ard.

Great ride report. Fontanaman is in Seattle where is now snowing at his house. I am drooling...... it is not a pretty site. :dribble: :dribble:

Last edited by a moderator:
The forecasts finally have your weather moving our direction. We won't likely see snow on the valley floor, but he passes will finally close and skiing will again be in season. We desperately need the water, so no hard feelings. It was nice while it lasted. Honestly, a mid-January crossing of a Sierra seasonal pass like Ebbetts, Sonora or Tioga is something that only happens about every 20 years. Thus the name of the thread...Because We Can.

The forecasts finally have your weather moving our direction. We won't likely see snow on the valley floor, but he passes will finally close and skiing will again be in season. We desperately need the water, so no hard feelings. It was nice while it lasted. Honestly, a mid-January crossing of a Sierra seasonal pass like Ebbetts, Sonora or Tioga is something that only happens about every 20 years. Thus the name of the thread...Because We Can.
We went.....we saw.....we conquered....

.....neener, neener, neener! :yahoo:

Most of those roads did not open this year until nearly July. You, Airboss and I made an approach in May, and barely made it to the 5500 foot elevation on the ONLY road that was closed for our tour this week...Mormon Emmigrant Trail. We were decisively turned back.

FoothillRide045.jpg

FoothillRide052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the ride report. Hard to believe there is no snow up there yet. Keep posting "because YOU can" since I haven't had a winter of unriding like this since I started riding...must have my ride fixes!

I forgot about this ride, it was a fun day. Nice to see my deer slayed 04 still lives on in pictures.

Tom, I'll be sure to wave at the birds in the central valley today as we ride over to Chrome, Ca.

Great ride report! Looks like the beautiful '05 was well represented. Well done, gents.

I have no experience riding in snow, ice, black ice (WTF is black ice anyway?), or sand. But if it's anything like the washboard gravel I rode on yesterday, I'll pass thank you very much.