Best Rain Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For anyone actually paying attention here, :rolleyes:
I am paying attention. The title of the thread is "Best Rain Gear" not "Adequate Rain Gear" or "It Might Work Rain Gear". ;)

IMO Motoport makes the best gear. Their rain system has not failed me yet.
Yes, yes, Scott... understood.

I was replying to someone else who was saying that all Frogg Toggs leak like a sieve, not the OP. Was just pointing out that they may want to look at the new ones, that's all. It's called "thread drift." and you may have noticed it's kind of common around these parts. :p

And my response to your claim is; I find wearing rain liners inside of mesh gear to be incredibly inconvenient. I would much prefer to have a waterproof outer layer that can be donned and removed as needed, without stripping down to my skivvies roadside. ;)

For anyone actually paying attention here, :rolleyes:
I am paying attention. The title of the thread is "Best Rain Gear" not "Adequate Rain Gear" or "It Might Work Rain Gear". ;)

IMO Motoport makes the best gear. Their rain system has not failed me yet.
Yes, yes, Scott... understood.

I was replying to someone else who was saying that all Frogg Toggs leak like a sieve (that fecking Carver!), not the OP. Was just pointing out that they may want to look at the new ones, that's all. It's called "thread drift." and you may have noticed it's kind of common around these parts. :p

And my response to your claim is; I find wearing rain liners inside of mesh gear to be incredibly inconvenient. I would much prefer to have a waterproof outer layer that can be donned and removed as needed, without stripping down to my skivvies roadside; which never bothers ShinyPartsUp, Old Michael and Papa Chuy.: ;)
Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
All

Looking for opinions and thoughts about the best rain gear on the market. I live in NC so the weather tends to be on the warm side, I'm also 6,2" with a 32" inseam and find its always a pain to find rain pants with full length zippers. Any suggestions?
Just to clarify. Are you looking for a waterproof riding suit or rainwear to go over a suit?

I just went down this road. Bought an Olympia Airglide 3 jacket with matching Airglide pants - both have waterproof liners. Then for summer rain I bought a Frogg Toggs Highway Toadz reflective jacket and Toadskinz pants to be worn over the Olympia suit with the liners removed.

Wore the whole 'ensemble' last weekend in rain, light snow and low temperatures - worked very well.

Seem to remember this was discussed a while back and not many people liked the Frogg Toggs, but I have been assured that their entire line has been improved. We'll see.

Al
What did you do for sizing? I'm 5'11 and 195, so am at the smaller end of XL on their chart. But if I'm pulling the rain gear on over my Tourmaster XL jacket with elbow and shoulder pads and riding pants with hip and knee pads, I think I'll need to go to the next size up? I'm thinking that the Frogg Toggs sizing chart does not take into account wearing padded gear underneath.

What did you do for sizing? I'm 5'11 and 195, so am at the smaller end of XL on their chart. But if I'm pulling the rain gear on over my Tourmaster XL jacket with elbow and shoulder pads and riding pants with hip and knee pads, I think I'll need to go to the next size up? I'm thinking that the Frogg Toggs sizing chart does not take into account wearing padded gear underneath.
If you're looking at FroggToggs made for us they do allow for riding gear, including armor. I believe they say as much and even recommend buyers do not order a size larger. I ordered based on their size chart and mine fit over my Joe Rocket pants and jacket just right. Of course, I look like a neon pillsbury doughboy but at least I'll stay dry.