Best Sliders For FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioFJR1300

Reaction score
I need to buy some sliders for my new FJR. What is the best protection ? I have seen some that do not require you to drill into the bodywork, are they as good as the others? It seems like the R&G are rated as best, does anyone have a copy of the template for drilling the holes?

Thanks, Rick

For the best sliders, can't beat...

hamburger_lg.jpg

:bigeyes:

Sorry for the lousy pic, but I thought you might like to see the Motivation Slider installed on a Galaxy blue version. Great product @ 149.95. Definately top shelf. I'll take more pics when it's daylight!

Slider.jpg

Mokos did it for me, at least in a 0 MPH tip-over. Kept my fairing high-and-dry, so to speak (still got mild scratches on the engine cover and bag).

So Sgoat, do I have to drill the body for the Motivation Sliders? Looks great.

Spline60... Where do I get the Matisse sliders and how much?

Thanks , Rick M

Why is everyone so bent about drilling holes?

It is much easier than removing the plastics, and you cant see the hole behind them so WTF? Its not like the bike is ever going to be without them!!

I started my pilot hole by eye, then used a step bit (uni-bit) and walked the hole on center if needed. First side took 30 mins to plan and carefully execute, then the other took 5.

I like my R&Gs for several reasons, including ease of install: More appropriate lower position and longer protrusion, no extra bracket which blocks the frame vent, not necessary to remove all engine mount bolts (I don't like this idea at all - the engine is not doweled in place).

-BD

BrunDog - I'm with you. A lot of hand wringing about drilling into the plastic, no big deal! I eyeballed it like you and shifted the hole as I drilled. The R&Gs worked as advertised in a 0 mph garage laydown - only damage was to the mirror.

OhioFJR1300,

Like the Mokos, the Motivation sliders do not require drilling. They are for all practical purposes the same design.

Why is everyone so bent about drilling holes?
It is much easier than removing the plastics, and you cant see the hole behind them so WTF? Its not like the bike is ever going to be without them!!

I started my pilot hole by eye, then used a step bit (uni-bit) and walked the hole on center if needed. First side took 30 mins to plan and carefully execute, then the other took 5.

I like my R&Gs for several reasons, including ease of install: More appropriate lower position and longer protrusion, no extra bracket which blocks the frame vent, not necessary to remove all engine mount bolts (I don't like this idea at all - the engine is not doweled in place).

-BD
Brundog,

I just looking for the best protection for the bike. If I have to drill a hole, no problem. Your post was very helpful, and I may go with the R&G's for all the reasons you stated. Thanks Rick M

There's a set of Moko's on Ebay right now ending in about 3 days. The current bid is $122. A set just sold last week that I was watching for $157. WTF, it's still cheaper than retail...

I'm with some of you guys, I'm not into cutting holes in my body work. The body is much too pretty to cut up, and the Moko's look great installed.

I ended up with the R&G sliders. Placed the order and had them in about 3 days. opened up the package, got the step drill and eyeballed it, it came out fine and they look great. Lets hope I never need them ;) ;) Rick M