Best way to get to head light bulbs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I mentioned, my experience was a little different. Got them out fine, got one in, the other wouldn't go. Took a break, tried and tried. Went to bed, dreamed about it all night, went to work. Got home, tried some more. Got the wife to get her smaller hand in there. No luck. Broke down and called the brother in law. He owns a custom car audio/video install business. He's working in vehicle plastic and wiring all day. BTW his hands are at least as big as mine..... He looks it over, "yeah those retainer clips are a little tricky", grabs his much superior to mine flashlight and mirror, shoves his hand in there, no shit probably 30 seconds.... "i got it." I felt so useless
uhoh.gif

I need to take the front cowling apart a bit to grease up the windscreen track, so hopefully bulb replacement will be a trivial part of that maintenance.

I would clean the track and maybe adjust the tension on the wire. If you use grease, don't use much. It attracts dirt and can gum up the works pretty well.