Beware of taking that leak along side the road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrboomer

Reaction score
This is not a joke. I attended a luncheon on Thursday 1-8 where the guest speaker was a Deputy U.S. Marshal. He was discussing the National Sex Offender Registration Act. Recently, two guys were stopped along I 40 west of Oklahoma City and relieving themselves in view of the roadway. A law enforcement officer pulled up and waited for them to finish. He then cited them both for indecent exposure.

Upon conviction, both men are now classified as sex offenders and will be required to register as such in the towns where they live, work and attend school. They are classified as Tier One offenders and will have to register every year for the next 15 years or anytime they move, change jobs or or schools. He was not certain as he had not heard of a case but mooning someone in public might have the same result. Failure to maintain registration can result in a heavy fine and/or confinement.

So be warned that this is not something you want to get involved with. The information for all offenders is posted on line for anyone to see. This could certainly have adverse affects on your friends, neighbors and coworkers. Stay safe and you just might want to wait next time until you reach a proper facility before relieving yourself.

Ya Know.. I got busted fer jerkin off in a "right of way" twenty years ago... All I got was a sticky hand and a warning to" do that shit in yer car"

My, how times have changed..

:jester:

Any comment from the drama queens.... Bust or odot?

**EDIT** a couple seconds too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hate to think what f*cking your wife in a rest stop gets you nowadays. When I was younger you'd get a flashlight or bubblegum lights in your window and then a lecture and some embarrassment. Then again, I now have kids and wouldn't want them to see that stuff. Moral of the story is to find a tree to pee against... I guess.

That is nuts. The intent of sex offender laws was not to cite some guy taking a leak, I suspect. The LEO needs to have another doughnut and chill.

it's all about Law and Order nowadays...common sense gone out the window...and then they wonder why people are getting worked up and angry over this kind of bull :angry2:

IF the prosecuting attorney prosecuted, and IF the judge and maybe a jury too found them guilty, or IF they pleaded guilty to the charge knowing they would become registered sex offenders .... well, you can bet your sweet ass there was more to the story than the guys merely taking a leak, and a cop with a bad attitude.

There would have to be too many people checking their common sense at the door and colluding. (For you vocabulary challenged: that word means coming together in a conspiracy.)

But then, I've never heard of anyone associated with a Federal law enforcement agency ever getting their facts wrong.... <_<

:beach:

Let's ZZZZIP up out there...

IMG_2215.jpg

That's too bad. That makes the sex offenders list less useful.

I wonder if mooning someone will get you on the list? :dribble:

This very thing happened to a friend of mine several years back in Michigan.

He was on a canoe trip and had pulled over to get rid of some used beer when a DNR officer swoops down outta the bushes and writes him a citation for indecent exposure. took a lawyer and a butt load of money to get it down to disorderly conduct.

so heed the warning its a fact!

and bust-a-nut you better keep it indoors

IF the prosecuting attorney prosecuted, and IF the judge and maybe a jury too found them guilty, or IF they pleaded guilty to the charge knowing they would become registered sex offenders .... well, you can bet your sweet ass there was more to the story than the guys merely taking a leak, and a cop with a bad attitude.
There would have to be too many people checking their common sense at the door and colluding. (For you vocabulary challenged: that word means coming together in a conspiracy.)

But then, I've never heard of anyone associated with a Federal law enforcement agency ever getting their facts wrong.... <_<

:beach:

Let's ZZZZIP up out there...

IMG_2215.jpg
Yeah, the poster on this thread forgot to mention that they were peeing toward the roadway and laughing like idjits trying to hit cars with urine or sumpin' or other such thing. The poster admits this little detail on another Forum.

Ohh, BTW is that YOU Skip on the left? If I recall Smitty was the wiseguy that took that piccie. Southern MO, May of '06...during rest stop after having fun getting to know those great MO roads. I was the man in the middle, and I don't believe Smitty asked our permission before taking that picture. :)

As all can see, I was just standing there with my hands in my pockets.

I'm glad wheaton can multi-task. What the heck, he was going to wash both hands anyway.

B)

As all can see, I was just standing there with my hands in my pockets.
I'm glad wheaton can multi-task. What the heck, he was going to wash both hands anyway.

B)
Holy crap...you were just standing next to me...doing nothing? Yikes. :dribble:

I just assumed you were busy goin about yer business.

Absolutely, totally, completely, beyond belief, ...excuse my French, F'n Stooooopud! I've been aware for years [thanks to bein in the bar biz, -had customers get tagged in the parking lot] that it could get you an 'indecent exposure' bust -bad enough; but I had no idea you'd become a listed sex offender! The authorities are increasingly bereft of common sense in this country!! When I was in Europe in the late 60s I remember being impressed that all the law [in most instances] had to say about the occasional need to relieve onself away from facilities was that you were required to "turn your back to the roadway"! Git'er Done, & get on your way! I've always wondered how it could be I.O. if they couldn't actually see "IT", ...sad to say, I'd pretty much have to be peein' on the officers foot for him to accomplish that! Hell, w/ the belly I got, I can't even see it! Damn, add to that, as I get older I'm finding there's less opportunity :dribble: & more necessity :blink: ! ...catchya later, I gotta go

I lived near Atlanta, Georgia for four years, and was astonished to see how many people would pull over on I-75 during the afternoon rush hour to relieve themselves right there on the side of the road, with hundreds of cars very slowly passing by.

When you gotta go, you gotta go . . . .