Bikeeffects.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a set of clear Flushline Flushmounts and a Adjustable Rate Flasher Relay (I ordered the amber LEDs) so I could get rid of my Gen 1 front idicator stalks. Jeff was great and everything is installed and working perfectly.

More heapings of kudos to Jeff of BikeEffects.com - He patiently answers questions and doesn't push for the sale. I think he knows that his great reputation brought me back for the sale :)

First time using bikeeffects. Ordered a battery tuesday afternoon. Arrived on the east coast this afternoon, two days later. That's with no shipping charges, forum discount and a warm body answering the phone. Local battery warehouse said he couldn't touch their prices at his cost.

Factory battery went TU on my '06 with ~18K miles on the clock. I've had the bike since september and have put about 1500 miles on her.

Being in the sales and customer service business myself, I have high expectations. Jeff at Bikeeffects.com has met and exceeded my expectations at every turn. I call, he answers. I send an email, he responds quickly. This morning I sent over a few questions via email, a couple of hours later my phone rings with answers directly from Jeff. This time around I was putting together a communications system for the FJR and he guided me through every choice with wisdom based on experience. I learned about Bikeeffects through this forum whose members get a discount with Jeff and I couldn't be happier for this one piece of knowledge alone - not too mention everything else I have learned.

It is hard to be emphatic enough without getting into too much hyperbole, simply said: Jeff is one of the best and I wish he carried even more stuff for me to buy.

- David

+1. Here's the deal kids. When you have a guy like Jeff at Bike Effects that provides the level of service, meaning above and beyond the expected, it is in our own best interest as consumer to patronize the crap out of him at every oppportunity and ensure he is able to stay in business for future purchases.

I just wanted to give a quick thanks to Jeff at Bike Effects. I received a great member discount and fast (very fast) delivery. The 06 now has 60k miles on her and a new battery for my next long distance ride. :yahoo:

I'll be buying from Jeff at Bike Effects again.

Thumper

Jeff at Bike Effects is a true Gentleman! I've bought a few things from him over the past six months. When one product that had a defect, Jeff stayed on top of this, got it replaced twice from the manufactuer (after the original replacement had an issue), and kept me well cared for, answering many questions about setup/install. I wish every vendor had this type of customer service attitude.

Forum members: If Bike Effects has it, buy it. Even if you can find it cheaper elsewhere(and I doubt you can, given the forum discount), it is a waste to try and save a few measly dollars and risk bad customer service, when you get treated so well by Jeff, and usually save some $$.

Jeff, you have my business always!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, two thumbs up for you Jeff. Great service, great advise, and great products. The replacement headset arrived yesterday and is working perfectly. Thanks again.

John Basterfield

I concur with all the KUDOS..... I first contacted Jeff for technical advice on equipment that I

purchased from a competitor, he grumbled a bit and still proceeded to give me several possible fixes... all this while

riding on his bike no less.......

and another instances.... I called Sat or Sun morning wanting a volume controller for my Starcom, he says he has a boat load of family staying

at his home and is closed today, "but I want it now"..... he takes it to a UPS store and I go get it.... it was a great day for a ride.. :D :rolleyes:

He is a great vendor.... I just wish his ass lived around the corner from me!!!!!!

B

I ordered a new battery for my Gen 1 FJR from Bikeeffects on June 16 and it is sitting in my garage on June 18 when I get home. That kind of service can't be beat! I also had a question about my order. I e-mailed them and had an answer within a VERY short time. Most of the businesses I know should take customer service lessons from this company.

Thanks,

Sredder

05 FJR A

99 ST A

02 FZ-1 :yahoo:

It has been said many, many times before but that's only because it's true - Jeff goes above and beyond the call.

It has been said many, many times before but that's only because it's true - Jeff goes above and beyond the call.
Boy, you can say that again!! I purchased a OptiMate3 battery charger several months ago and the thing went south on me. I wasn't sure where I bought it. I contacted Jeff if by chance I purchased it from Bike Effect and if I hadn't, if he would know where I could get the charger repaired. He replied promptly.....a replacement will be sent, and no need to return the old one. WOW... :good: to Jeff. :clapping:

Not a big supprise to a lot of you, who have dealt with Bike Effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Props to Jeff yet again. Got a dud of a Starcom1 the first time around and Jeff went the extra mile to make it right. Would recommend Bikeeffects.com to anyone.

And another happy customer. Did a small 'group buy' on some stuff he sells for a few guys here in Aussie. Great communication by email, prompt despatch, and the products arrived in Aussie only a day or two after the charge hit the credit card - and you know how fast the banks charge. Thanks Jeff!

Bikeeffects did it again. Provided extra phone support as I was having to recreate my Starcom system on a new bike, even helped me wade through a pile of cables that he didn't even sell tp me. I finally got it worked out, ordered what I needed, and it showed up fast.

Jeff is just a friendly guy to work with, a rider himself, gives experienced answers.

Jeff - thanks for the valve stem cap for the 90 degree jobs I have - made me smile when I saw it in the box.

I agree with all this...I've gotten a few things from BikeEffects.com in the last couple of years.

However, last summer I decided I'd drop in to the store to pick his brain on intercom systems. Figured it's only about a hundred miles, I'll just head up there; should be a nice ride.

Oops. There is no store-front! Call first! :)

It was a nice ride, so I didn't mind...especially since I had *assumed* I could wander in!

Very positive experience.

On a VA to CA ride he helped get us connected with bike to bike solution. Starcom.

Helped out with great advice and didn't get pissed off when we lost a cable mid ride.

He's on my good guy list!!

Huge props to Jeff/Bikeeffects. I ordered a Westco battery last Nov. A few weeks ago discovered it wouldn't hold charge for more than a few days. Spoke to Jeff and he had a new battery out to me in a few days, no charge. Said to just dispose of the bad one. Folks, that kind of service is rare!