Bikes, Blues, and Barbecue--Sept 24-28, 2008

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raclow

Reaction score
Hello to all.......

So far I have the following saying they are coming to ride on Saturday:

Myself--FJR

Netstarrider--FJR

Kirrilian--FJR

428Cobra--FJR

Okierider + 2 Riders--1 FJR, 1 Harley, 1 BMW

Concours--on his Venture

Hammer--FJR

fjrb0--FJR

WHITIE--Maybe--FJR

Hellcreep--FJR

Phil--Says he won't be able to make it for Saturday. He and I are going to get together on Thursday or Friday.

If there are more, then post up. If I've missed someone, I apologize.....please forgive me.

I'll work on a ride route and present on Saturday. This is always open for suggestions.

I hope this covers it and I look forward to seeing you all.

BUMP...so you guys can post up.

Also, I have some routes mapped out and can email those to you if you have Garmin MapSource to open them.

PM me if you want these routes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Concours--on his Venture
Change of plans for me...I have to leave Saturday to head back to Wisconsin, so I won't be able to join you. Actually has a little to do with having the Venture here and not the FJR; 850 miles is a whole bunch easier on my body riding the FJR than 850 miles would be on the Venture....and I'm not sure I can make the miles in available daylight from Lowell back to Suamico WI. Momma says ride 600 miles and spend night with friends in Illinois Saturday and then finish ride home on Sunday.

But I'm in the area all week (already in Lowell) and wouldn't mind meeting a few folks Wednesday on. Some Venture friends are coming down from KC on Thursday and hoping to ride with them Friday AM.

Curt

Concours--on his Venture
Change of plans for me...I have to leave Saturday to head back to Wisconsin, so I won't be able to join you. Actually has a little to do with having the Venture here and not the FJR; 850 miles is a whole bunch easier on my body riding the FJR than 850 miles would be on the Venture....and I'm not sure I can make the miles in available daylight from Lowell back to Suamico WI. Momma says ride 600 miles and spend night with friends in Illinois Saturday and then finish ride home on Sunday.

But I'm in the area all week (already in Lowell) and wouldn't mind meeting a few folks Wednesday on. Some Venture friends are coming down from KC on Thursday and hoping to ride with them Friday AM.

Curt
Give ma a call on Friday. Will be meeting up with Phil sometime. Join us.

bump......drink a bottle of jim beam for me, eh?
COME ON and join us. You don't have crap to do.

I'm still planning on riding up Friday morning, and back home sometime that afternoon/ evening. I have a buddy on a VTX 1800 riding up with me. Saturday is now up in the air, as that is clean up weekend at the ole deer camp in southern Arkansas, then have to leave for PHX on Sunday morning. Not sure I will be required at clean up, so might still make the ride on Saturday.

Whatever route you guys come up with is fine, I think I have ridden just about every road in NWA and NEO. And they are all good, except I-540 and now 412...

Phil, holler at me on cell on Thursday night if you are still riding up Friday morning, we will meet up and ride up together...the VTX won't slow us down...or I can call you...

Just got back from Bull Shoals, AR.

Weather was perfect, as were the drinks and eats.

Lots of nice twisty roads and we found the Flippin High School (as well as nearly every Flippin thing else).

Enjoy your time in the curves.

I will be there. Should be great weather...been in the upper 50's in the early morning and rising to the upper 70's to low 80's by mid-day.

Hope to meet ya'all then. :)

Well, I am still planning on being up there Friday morning, although had a bad karma day.

I had made a green chili run to Santa Fe in late August, and rode to a friends house in Lubbock on the way out. Had to leave the FJR there as the back tire was wore slam damn out. So, two days later, and about the same in hundreds, I had a new Dunlop (only tire the dealership had) to ride home on. So about 550 miles home, and back and forth to work every day since, and today the tire is flat, with about a two inch cut in the tread. Damn the luck. Anyway, bike is getting a new Michilin put on today, should be good to go by Thursday.

Well, I am still planning on being up there Friday morning, although had a bad karma day.
I had made a green chili run to Santa Fe in late August, and rode to a friends house in Lubbock on the way out. Had to leave the FJR there as the back tire was wore slam damn out. So, two days later, and about the same in hundreds, I had a new Dunlop (only tire the dealership had) to ride home on. So about 550 miles home, and back and forth to work every day since, and today the tire is flat, with about a two inch cut in the tread. Damn the luck. Anyway, bike is getting a new Michilin put on today, should be good to go by Thursday.
Sorry, I was looking forward to meeting you guys/gals but my trip to Ohio got moved again. Mom's in the hospital up there so Im leaving Friday the 26th to go spend some time with her. I would love to ride Arkansas again though. Maybe sometime when I get back I can get with some of you locals over there and we can plan a Fall ride.

I hate this! Not just because I can't make it.

I'm not going to make it folks. One of my closest friends (for 27 years). The guy that was going to come with me on the BMW.

Lost his mom last night. They have asked me to be a pallbearer.

Not sure exactly when the funeral is going to be yet but, need to keep my plans open.

Just got back from Bull Shoals, AR.
Weather was perfect, as were the drinks and eats.

Lots of nice twisty roads and we found the Flippin High School (as well as nearly every Flippin thing else).

Enjoy your time in the curves.
That must have been you i seen on 125 in MO heading north. I was bagless and had a Green Ninja behind me.

WOW!!! This group is falling apart.

Here's the list as of Wednesday evening.

Myself--So far...a Yes

Netstarrider--Yes

Kirrilian--Haven't Heard

428Cobra--Haven't Heard

Okierider--No

Concours--No

Hammer--Haven't Heard

fjrb0--As long as the new tire is ready.

WHITIE--Maybe--Maybe

Hellcreep--Haven't Heard

Phil--No

This will be my last post before Saturday's ride. I'm headed to Fayetteville Thursday morning.

I would like to here from those riding before Saturday. I'm not getting up early if no one is riding. Call my mobile.

PM Okierider.....he has my number.

Talk to you soon.

Oh, the tangled webs we weave.

I'll be leaving the Fort around 8:00 AM on Friday morning, riding up to look at the vendors. VTX will be with me, H-D will not make it. Have I ever mentioned to you guys that works sucks???? It still does. :angry:

Anyone want to meet for a beer at Georges, or any other place, post away....but name a time and place. I'll be there for a cold one, or two, but no more....I have to be back in the Fort to catch a plane on Saturday...

Whitie and his beemer friend skitric will be riding up Friday morning.
I really believe raclow wants to know if anyone is going to show up for a ride Saturday or not.

Not what time you're going to be getting to Fayetteville.

If you want to get a hold of him by phone you can PM me for his cell number.