Birthday Weekend Horror and my naivety

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-RemingtonRider

Their Sunset / My Sunrise
Reaction score
Robbed in plain sight.

Well, in birthday celebratory mode, went for a ride on the FJR to a local area Dillard's Clearance center.

Got off bike, locked up helmet, took off Sena bluetooth 20S communicator and placed in jacket pocket. Won't fit in sidecase with communicator on it, XXXL Gmax helmet.

Anyways, it was warm, jacket was a little heavy, so I hung it on a rack next to where I was browsing.

Didn't note any nefarious guys in the Men's section. Very slow day at this dilapidated mall.

A few shakes of a lambs tail, I turn to see my jacket on top of the rack and not hanging.

Yep, Quick hands Bastagee had went and picked my jacket pocket and got my Sena 20s unit and a XDS full clip......

Looked around and no one to be noticed, it wasn't many folks around and I suppose (know) it was my own bone headedness that thought no one would pay any attention to a worn, customized black and white riding jacket.

Was I wrong. Now I am on the search trying to see if the little banchee will put it on craigslist or ebay.

I went to Cycle Gear up the freeway and gave the guy my info in case they tried to come in and buy just the helmet bracket or inquire what they stole was. They obviously know it belongs with a motorcycle and it has blue tooth written on it.

Like the wife was saying, what really sucks is some kid has something worth $200 bucks and will probably have it sitting on the shelf somewhere wasting away. Better yet, I didn't turn at the wrong time and see them doing it, i would have been all day filing police reports and giving statements to get out that mess.....

Note to self; lock up communicator on bike.

Well, enough whining.

I'll keep scouring the internet for a single unit for sale, of course wife always wanted one on her helmet since I upgraded from our older scala rider units, next thing she's talking is well now you can buy a pair like you should have gotten in the first place.....really honey..Kharma??

Be not deceived... whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Though you didn't catch the thief, his deed will not go unpunished. However, it would be nice if you could get your stuff back.

Gary

Oh how I wish it were so. The truth is that thieves often never pay their dues and go on to have successful careers. Where do you think politicians get their start? 😏

A high school buddy and I once caught a thief, as we were walking back home from school. Technically a burglar, he was burgling someone's house in broad daylight, and the people happened to walk in on him. The burglar turned tail and ran out of the house with the lady of the house running after him shouting.

In retrospect, and after my dad heard about it (Law enforcement, think secret service), it was a bad idea to give chase, but we were young and dumb, and we did, we caught up to him and wrestled him to the ground, lucky for us, he was not armed with a knife, that is what dad was thankful for, and why he was proud of us and yet upset with us.

We subdued the thief, but before the cops arrived, a mob had gathered, and the situation was quickly taken out of our hands. The mob delivered a public beating to the burglar, the likes of which I haven't seen since, except in the movies. I almost felt sorry for catching the thief, but not quite.

So, sometimes justice does get delivered, even if it's mob justice. I don't think he fared much better after the police got a hold of him, but I didnt stick around till they arrived. The homeowner who had followed us, was witness enough..

I hope your thief gets his or hers!

Last edited by a moderator: