BITE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can now blame Dana if things go to crap.

I'm in. Just sent the registration form and $$.
Awesome! Welcome to the best game in town TriggerT.

Hey Hopalong. If TriggerT can step up how about you? And don't give me any that old man nonsense cause I've got a leg up on ya there. :)

No multi-day rally for this old man. Well at least early in the riding season. I will be lucky if I can just ride for a day let alone multiple days.

I will leave that to you studs.... :lol:

Good on ya Trig. Better see ya at the the Bonzai Rally. Since you and Wheaties have been hiding the last couple of years.....

Dana

Stryg8r you need to back away from TriggerT as he won't even ride a 12 hour rally in his own backyard.... :dribble:

Dana

P.S.

That goes for you too Wheaties....

Well Dana/Hopalong... :fuck:

It's not that I don't like to ride my bike, I'm just in a different part of the riding spectrum, you crazy bastard. Next time, put some training wheels on your bike before you take it out. :drinks:

Kudos and congrats to all who enter, actually show up, and actually ride this thing. :friends:

You're all nucking futs. :headbonk:

Edit: "BTW, and that's why the color yellow makes me sad...I think."

Last edited by a moderator:
How many times has the BITE been run in the past? I see it was run for the first time in 2007, and it was cancelled in 2009. Were there any other times it was run?

How many times has the BITE been run in the past? I see it was run for the first time in 2007, and it was cancelled in 2009. Were there any other times it was run?
You got it right.

This will be the second one, hence the name of the rally..."The Beast in the East 11: BitE ME II". ;) If this one gets canceled like 2009 I suspect it will be the last.

A few more questions. Since this is an all East ride, how far West might they go? I know this is only the 2nd running, so it is hard to say, but I read that they had a bonus location in MN in 2007. I figured they would keep everything East of the Mississippi, but maybe not.

Next question is if they might send people up into Canada? I will need to do some map updates if that might happen.

Thanks!

My name is up on the list of "Riders" so I guess it is really official. Now we just need another 15 riders to sign up. :huh: :(

My name is up on the list of "Riders" so I guess it is really official. Now we just need another 15 riders to sign up. :huh: :(
Mine got posted right above yours. I had been hoping since it had been awhile since I got my confirmation and the riders list was updated that there would be lots of new riders on there when it was finally updated, only 2? :shok:

Rick Miller runs a great rally!

I rode in the 2007 BITE and got smoked by Jim Owen!

I recall West Virginia was a highlight with some awesome roads. The checkpoint BBQ appropriately had the weather channel on- had to bolt down to New Orleans before the T-Storms got too intense.

:flood: :Snorkle: :help:

Good Times :good:

For comparison purposes,

IBR 2011 entry fee is $1,850 (168 per day)

Iron Butt 5000 was $1,000 (200 per day)

ButtLite IIIII was $900 (128 per day)

BitE $425 (85 per day)

3 day Utah 1088 350 (116 per day)
The BITE riders got a partial refund in 07 as well. Nobody makes money on this rally.

We're running out of time.

I was thinking yesterday how it is interesting that there is such a demand to ride in the IBR, or the IBR5K, but that there is such a shortage of riders for this rally. It makes me think that there are a lot of people more interested in being able to say they rode in the IBR than there are who just enjoy riding in LD rallies. Don't get me wrong, I think riding in the IBR would be cool, and I hope to do it some day, but I also want as much experience in rallies before I even apply for the IBR. Not to mention, an 11 day, 11 K ride is not the place to find out if you like participating in rallies, IMHO.

Yup, need 11 more riders in the next 14 days. Not looking too good, but you never know.
No, it's not looking good. I too am baffled at how little interest there seems to be in this rally. I don't know if requiring the commitment so far in advance has anything to do with it, but I understand the planning logistics involved. I'd hate to see this rally go by the wayside this year.

I'm not even into LD riding and I am baffled and confused as well...considering how many people have IBA numbers and the very minimal amount of riders required.

I'd hate to see this event stop...as I would have one less event to root for or against TriggerT :rolleyes: