BITE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sitting in a MCD's for my last rest bonus. Every hotel room n town is full or a baseball tournament. Figures. Now way I can go any further. Another 1100+ miles today, and i haven't had more than 30 minutes of sleep since...I think it was Tuesday night going in to Wednesday morning. Seems longer ago than that.

Derek is putting on HUGE miles, but like me has run in to issues and had to drop some bonus locations. The manager of the MCDs has been cool enough to let me catch some sleep here, and is going to wake me up when they close for the night, which works out perfect for when I need to get back on the road.

I hope my info is correct (From snooping on another site)

Tim finished 1st.... again

Derek finished 3rd

Congrats to the 2 of you! -

I could not get any more info...

IIRC- Tim will have his 13 IBR fees covered now. (?)

Awesome! I've been trying to find out as well. I hope your info is right. Tim will be one to watch going forward!

I was on high alert all week waiting to see if he'd call and need anything or a place to sleep :)

Wow Tim! You da man! I look forward to following you in 13!

Is Joanne the woman who was in a bad accident recently? I can't imagine it's the same person, she probably wouldn't have been listed as a finisher... Though it might explain her points total. I don't know how the rally was structured.

For those who know Alex Schmidt, he hit his 5th deer severely damaging his ST1300 a couple weeks before the rally. That's why he withdrew. If he was hurt, I don't think badly - he didn't mention that part. He did mention he was sourcing another ST to repair his and that he's prepping another bike for The Void.

Congratulations to all the riders, it's a serious undertaking and simply finishing is something to be proud of! :)

I wish I had been needing sleep while in your neighborhood. As it was, I slept in a parking lot, in a car wash, and in a MCD's.

The biggest thing I learned from this rally is that in the future I need to spend AT LEAST every other night in a hotel.

Results:

https://beastintheeast.org/2011/index.htm
So now Tim... If I have my "Facts" correct:

You were already qualified for the 2013 IBR with your MN1000 win.

Now you have a paid spot in the 2013 IBR.

SO......

You can give your xtra spot in the IBR to someone undeserving (Like Me) :p

No ?

Well congrats anyway!

WOW!!!!

Congrats Tim! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Congrats also to Derek as well. :clapping:

Good job guys...FJRs you guys rule!

Gonna have to give Tim a nickname or something....like the ROCKFORD REAMER...or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna have to give Tim a nickname or something....like the ROCKFORD REAMER...or something like that.
He sort of got the nickname G4 (the faster network) over the weekend. But seeing the size of his anal probe trophy, maybe Rockford Reamer is more fitting. :unsure:

This rally was super fun and very challenging. I'm just amazed at how well G4 did considering it was his first multi-day rally. He rode less miles for way more points that I (ride smarter, not harder) and proved he is going to be hard to beat in any rally.

Congrats Tim!

I believe Derek was also part of the G4 label, or was it 4G(4th Generation was how we were BOTH labeled).

The killer is now I don't have any, I mean ZERO, cycle trips planned for the rest of the year. Very depressing thought.

Thanks for the kind words. I got very lucky in a few areas, and learned a ton.

Congrats TriggerT!

We met briefly somewhere in N. Ohio and with a car tire on your bike, packing 5lbs of ice in your 'stich and a thousand mile stare ... I could tell you weren't out for a casual ride nor had the time for idle chat. I'm glad you made it back safe and won the event enough to google around until I this thread. Good luck in 2013!

John

John,

While I had the thousand mile stare, I wasn't completely out of it. Not only do I remember meeting you, but I mentioned you to several of the other BitE riders. I was impressed that you asked if I was on "An IBA ride?" Not a Iron Butt ride, or something else less specific.

Sorry I didn't have more time to talk. I made it to the bonus I was headed for in PA with only about 20-25 minutes to spare.

FWIW, the ice in the suite really worked well to cool me off, and wake me up for the rest of the day.

Thanks for taking the time to track me down.

Tim

Congrats TriggerT!

We met briefly somewhere in N. Ohio and with a car tire on your bike, packing 5lbs of ice in your 'stich and a thousand mile stare ... I could tell you weren't out for a casual ride nor had the time for idle chat. I'm glad you made it back safe and won the event enough to google around until I this thread. Good luck in 2013!

John
Did you take any pictures?? Would love to see what you are talking about... :rolleyes:

I didn't stand still long enough for him to have the chance. I know of only one picture of me from during the rally. I will post it tomorrow.

The killer is now I don't have any, I mean ZERO, cycle trips planned for the rest of the year. Very depressing thought.
You're still invited to the Hooterville ride. You could cruise down Friday PM, cruise a measly 400 miles on Saturday, and blast back Sunday am. With that low mileage, it would be like a rest day for you.