BITE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be watching (I Hope?)...............

Reg. open 'til 1 April.

Does this mean you're thinking of throwing your hat in?

It means...... I have a month more to see if I can get the bike ready-

I think I am scared of getting the rally pack with bonus locations and the only thing that comes

into my mind is a big DUH............ The miles- I can handle, but I've found as the miles increase....

the amount of contributing brain cells decrease. :lol:

I'll definately be doing some side line cheering either way.

I think my goal of next year to be ready to rally is much more realistic.

I still want to do some certs first-( All the great Lakes-B2B2B and the UCC )

Good luck to you- the both of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am scared of getting the rally pack with bonus locations and the only thing that comes

into my mind is a big DUH............ The miles- I can handle, but I've found as the miles increase....

the amount of contributing brain cells decrease.
I am right there with you. I know I can do the miles, but I have never done a rally, let alone a multi day rally. My goal is to not make a complete ass of myself, and to finish safely. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

I have been talking about riding a rally for years,and have read more rally reports than I will admit to. Time to jump in with both feet and see if I like rallies, or just LD rides.

Join the fun, you probably wouldn't be the only one having a "DUH" moment.

It means...... I have a month more to see if I can get the bike ready-

the amount of contributing brain cells decrease. :lol:

I'll definately be doing some side line cheering either way.

I think my goal of next year to be ready to rally is much more realistic.

I still want to do some certs first-( All the great Lakes-B2B2B and the UCC )

Good luck to you- the both of you!
Tony, check your PM's.

I would think that with t it being the "Beast in the EAST" the bonus locations would all be East of the Mississippi, but i see form the first BitE rally that there were some up in MN. Is there any general rule as to how far west bonus locations might be?

Also, does anyone know if bonus locations in Canada might be included?

Just thinking while we are stuck in the snow.

I would think that with t it being the "Beast in the EAST" the bonus locations would all be East of the Mississippi, but i see form the first BitE rally that there were some up in MN. Is there any general rule as to how far west bonus locations might be?

Are you sure the bonuses in MN were West of the Mississippi? I had assumed all bonus locations would be East of the Mississippi.

Care to share your source?

Your Canada question would be well received on the BitE private list. I'm sure others have the same question. Personally, I'll be prepared with passport, funny money, and Canadian Ins card.

the amount of contributing brain cells decrease.
I am right there with you. I know I can do the miles, but I have never done a rally, let alone a multi day rally. My goal is to not make a complete ass of myself, and to finish safely. Anything beyond that is just gravy.

I have been talking about riding a rally for years,and have read more rally reports than I will admit to. Time to jump in with both feet and see if I like rallies, or just LD rides.

Join the fun, you probably wouldn't be the only one having a "DUH" moment.
Would you two quit your belly aching. I can't remember two guys that are more ready for rallying than the two of you. There have have been tons of people that have run their first rally with a lot less big mile experience and less suited mounts. As far as having a "DUH" moment that's what Rally Masters do to rally riders it's what RMs live for. Making a complete ass of yourself, that's the RMs job too. Believe me the list of people that have made a complete ass of themselves at a rally is long and distinguished you can only hope to be included on it someday.

The only thing that putting off doing your first rally does is put off the the day you will finally be good at it :big_boss:

NEVER assume anything always ASK you may or may not get an answer but always ask.

How far East?? How far can you ride and be back in 5 days? The farthest bonus will be a little bit farther, maybe.

Canada? Ask the RM that's info that should/will be made public before hand so everyone has a chance to get proper credentials.

I'm moving this from the CFO thread as it's gone a little off topic.

First I said;

Another 8 hour pre-BitE warm up Team Lyle Rally.
You can't get too much practice for your routing skills :big_boss:
Then TriggerT responded;

Thanks for the head s up. I will keep it in mind, but if I am gone too much the wife is going to be less than happy. Wish it wasn't 6 hours away, so I could ride there, do the rally, and maybe even ride home that night. As it is, it would be three days (one there, one to ride it, and one home)
I think* this would make for a perfect multi day rally training run. Leave home at midnight, arrive at Bob' Java Hut aprox. 6:00AM. Nap until the riders meeting (I'm guessing at times here nothing has been announced) 7:00AM. Rally start 8:00AM, rally finish 4:00PM, hang around for scoring. Depart at 6:00PM, arrive home aprox. midnight pending naps in Wisconsin's finest rest stops.

Perfect, you can thank me later ;)

*pending spousal approval

Sorry for all the bitching, questions, and belly aching. Middle of the winter, can't work on the bike right now, and not much else to think about or look forward to.

Are you sure the bonuses in MN were West of the Mississippi? I had assumed all bonus locations would be East of the Mississippi.

Your Canada question would be well received on the BitE private list. I'm sure others have the same question. Personally, I'll be prepared with passport, funny money, and Canadian Ins card.
Thanks for getting the Canada Question answered.

Here in the the blog where the author went to a bonus in St. Cloud, MN.

https://www.charlieclemmer.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Am I wrong that St. Cloud is West of the Mississippi?

You're not wrong. St. Cloud is West, but Donahue's is actually across the river from St. Cloud in Sauk Rapids. So technically that bonus was East of the Miss about 3 miles.

Thanks for link to Charlie's ride report. Should be some good reading.

Thanks for getting the Canada Question answered.

Here in the the blog where the author went to a bonus in St. Cloud, MN.

https://www.charlieclemmer.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

Actually St. Cloud is on both sides of the Mississppi :p

I leave for the BitE this coming Saturday at O'Dark Thirty. I am more than a little apprehensive about my first multi day rally, and riding more miles than I ever have, but also looking forward to it.

I leave for the BitE this coming Saturday at O'Dark Thirty. I am more than a little apprehensive about my first multi day rally, and riding more miles than I ever have, but also looking forward to it.

Go get' em Tim! :clapping:

Good luck to you and Derek...and any other FJR riders that may be entered. :yahoo:

Safe travels for all riders!

We made the ride down here to Statesville NC, yesterday without any major issues. Derek, that crazy fooker, did over 1500 miles straight on the ride down here. What a way to get ready for a rally.

The good news is that the temps are supposed to only get in to the upper 80's for the next week, so at least we won't be baked in that way.

The rally starts at 5:00 am tomorrow morning.

We made the ride down here to Statesville NC, yesterday without any major issues. Derek, that crazy fooker, did over 1500 miles straight on the ride down here. What a way to get ready for a rally.

The good news is that the temps are supposed to only get in to the upper 80's for the next week, so at least we won't be baked in that way.

The rally starts at 5:00 am tomorrow morning.
Best wishes for a good ride Tim and Derek. If your travels bring you south, stop in for

a pit stop or a rest.

I am not planning on taking the time to post anything during the rally. Heck, I am not planning on doing much of anything other than riding, eating, and sleeping when necessary.

So our friends are on day 3 and had a checkpoint last night. They don't have a Tom Austin equivalent giving us updates and I really miss it. Hope all are having safe travels and if anyone has heard anything, please post up!
+1

With the tech tools already available- I wonder when the first real time rally will run.

One with Boni bagged online and a running "Score board" for outsiders to follow. It would

have its risk, but some could be managed with a "Subscription" needed to follow- or maybe

a simple "Membership".