BobbyBlue is getting a new heart today! He's doing great!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A really great photo up ^^^^^^^^^ there
punk.gif

Ok guys, this is the best news so far!

Teresa-

"Last update for Bobby Finical today. Every drain tube except for one is gone. All lines are gone except for one. He has a great appetite as well. They are so impressed with his new heart and recovery he'll be in a regular room tomorrow. He'll have a heart biopsy on Wednesday and released if all is well by that day or the next. I'll be able to be with him here and home since I don't have to be at work till the 20th. Life is awesome."

Ok guys, this is the best news so far!
Teresa-

"Last update for Bobby Finical today. Every drain tube except for one is gone. All lines are gone except for one. He has a great appetite as well. They are so impressed with his new heart and recovery he'll be in a regular room tomorrow. He'll have a heart biopsy on Wednesday and released if all is well by that day or the next. I'll be able to be with him here and home since I don't have to be at work till the 20th. Life is awesome."
That just got me a little verklempt... such wonderful news.

I've been gone on vacation, so I'm a little late to the game. Awesome news about the succesful surgery! Hope to actually meet Bobby some day because he only lives 30 minutes from me.

My wife and I have watched this thread with grins on our faces. We've never met Bobby and, in all likelihood, never will. But we're all part of the FJR family and wishing you the best of luck, Bobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic. I've been quietly holding my breath for the last bit, but when it's time to go home, that is a very good sign. For one thing, our man Bobby will finally get some restful sleep without being poked and prodded and disturbed several time a night. How they expect anyone to convalesce under those conditions is a modern mystery.

Keep it up, Bobby. You are making us all feel better by the minute!

Fred, I get it. It IS a long process with many an opportunity to go awry. We ALL need to keep up the good mojo or prayers or whatever it takes for however long it takes to get BoobyB back. And yes, the BoobyB is NOT a typo!

Bobby is going home today! Also, here is a word from Teresa- "So I hear a lot about this go fund website where you can set up for donations? With Bobby Finical's mounting medical bills even from the LVAD I was thinking of starting a fundraiser for his medical bills that are not covered as well as his future prescriptions for the immune suppressant medications. This would also go towards his transportation and parking etc from Tacoma to Seattle which is approximately 80 miles round trip when he got his LVAD this financially almost broke us. I need your opinion would this be tacky?"

Here is the link to the gofundme page. https://www.gofundme.com/erhxp9mk

I AM HOME !!!! First a huge huge thank you to Carl for so much support...I love you man, really, and a huge thanks to my donor and his family and mostly to the wonderful wonderful people on this best forum in the world....i love all of you more than words can say...i am blessed beyond measure and thank you all for your kind words of hope and love...it is truly inspiring ! i still have some hurdles to jump and this is a treatment not a cure, but i feel a damn site better than i've felt since my late 20's and plan on getting stronger every day for a long time....I am blessed beyond measure for you my friends, thanks for being donors out there, one just gave me a new lease on life.....i 'll report a little more after i get some rest....Thanks again Carl, a true friend !!!

Blessed and loving it,

Bobby