Bodfish-Caliente & HWY 155

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AIRHEAD#124

Reaction score
Thurs 3/25 going to Lone Pine for a Death Valley Ride & would like to find out the road conditions; want to avoid RV traffic on 178 thur the River Cyn!

I don't understand the logic of this...Bodfish Caliente connects you to Hwy 58. I would stick with 178, it's a nice ride. Get there early and avoid the RVs. Once you're past the lake it will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Airhead is looking more for road surface conditions.. trust me when I say that he doesn't need no stinking electronic gps, the guy has a road map in his mind that's the best I've seen...

I just came back 178, and it's in great shape, fwiw...

I just rode out of Death Valley on Tuesday at about 0730. I took HWY 190 to HWY 136 into Lone Pine. The roads were perfect. No sand or gravel and very very light traffic. In fact that route has been added to my list of favorites. :yahoo:

You guyz are getting close! Woot Woot! Wish I could be there.. Looks like the weather should be stellar too.

You guyz are getting close! Woot Woot! Wish I could be there.. Looks like the weather should be stellar too.
Thanks Don:

Hosed out and re-oiled the Uni Air filter today. It "might" be very windy over on the 395 heading north to Lone Pine tomorrow. The wind has kicked up Boo-Koo dust near Owens Lake on past Spring rides! Prolly blow wild flower blossoms across our entire path. :D

See ya,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don:

Hosed out and re-oiled the Uni Air filter today. It "might" be very windy over on the 395 heading north to Lone Pine tomorrow. The wind has kicked up Boo-Koo dust near Owens Lake on past Spring rides! Prolly blow wild flower blossoms across our entire path. :D

See ya,
KJ, say hi to everybody for me - I wish you and the troupe the very best of weather and ride! :yahoo: