BOSCH H4 Bixenon HID Conversion Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiiikeri

Reaction score
Hi all folks! Ordered that Bosch 4300 K, H4 Bixenon Hi/Lo HID kit and installed it to my European FJR -06 A...Great kit, excellent quality made for Bosch. The guy there was very helpful and quick to answer all my questions (there was plenty of them). Great customer service. Delivery to Finland was quick, only 4 days from Shanghai China. TNT Express delivered my package.

I know it isn´t cheapest available kit, but I am very satisfied with the quality. And if it truly is quality, I want to pay more for that.

I put the ballast kits under the tank, Ballasts operating temperature as high as 105 degrees Celsius and works in minus degress Celsius, I can´t remember what were the minus degrees.The values were printed clearly on the label on top of the ballasts. I believe it is not getting as hot under the fuel tank:)!

The control module is under the grip warmer control, there is plenty of room under that...

The bulb is telescopic where the bulb moves, not the shield.

The light was very bright, we´ll see how they are working at long term, but the image of quality was very impressive. :yahoo:

Link:https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-conversion-kit-4-Vauxh-Ford-VW-Honda-H1-H7-H4_W0QQitemZ140135868769QQihZ004QQcategoryZ72235QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bosch" ordered via eBay from a guy in Shanghai, eh? :rolleyes:

The kit may be great, but I'll give 10:1 odds that the Robert Bosch GmbH doesn't make these, nor approve of their (trademarked) name or logo being used on them.

Sorry, I have personal experience with what how they rip off products and product names there and it really pisses me off.

-Uwe-

The kit may be great, but I'll give 10:1 odds that the Robert Bosch GmbH doesn't make these, nor approve of their (trademarked) name or logo being used on them.

Sorry, I have personal experience with what how they rip off products and product names there and it really pisses me off.

-Uwe-
Ditto that. If that picture is accurate, that's EXACTLY the kit I got from China. FWIW, it's a great kit.

Yep...that picture is accurate. My set looked like just right that...It might not be true "original and genuine" Bosch kit but the seller says that they manufacture those kits in same factory where those "genuine and original" Bosch kits are made. True or false, I don´t know...

But those "original and genuine" Bosch light kits could be also made in China.You know that quality control is by Robert Bosch Germany, but light kits can produce everywhere in the world...

Just came for trip about 250 km:s, most of it I rode it dark. All I can say this kit is very good and I am very satisfied with that. Huge difference for OEM H4 lights... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
They might not be true Bosch kit but the seller says that they manufacture those kits in same factory than Bosch kits what are made of car manufacturers.
Hey, aren't you the guy who writes the instructions for the HID kits?

-Uwe-
Ditto that. If that picture is accurate, that's EXACTLY the kit I got from China. FWIW, it's a great kit.
While I'm glad I did this, in my experience, the kit was typical Chinese poor lighting quality. I ordered the 2 extra lamps and out of the 4 lamps only 2 of them worked. Additionally, I had one of the original ballasts go bad. I now have spare lamps and ballasts in case what I'm running goes bad. The lighting pattern is very good and produces approximately twice as much light as stock. Since I have a 2003, adjusting the lights with an 8 mm open end wrench got to be really tiresome, but I like the results.

jim

Just edited my message...Sorry the bad english, I can do finnish better, nearly without mistakes... :rolleyes: Hope you can see the point of the message anyway...

It might not be true "original and genuine" Bosch kit but the seller says that they manufacture those kits in same factory where those "genuine and original" Bosch kits are made.
No reputable company with a recognizable name like Bosch would sell such a "kit" or knowingly allow their name to be used on it because retrofitting HID bulbs into headlamp units that weren't designed for them is illegal in most first-world countries, and is generally a bad idea. Here are some links explaining why:

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

-Uwe-

It might not be true "original and genuine" Bosch kit but the seller says that they manufacture those kits in same factory where those "genuine and original" Bosch kits are made.
No reputable company with a recognizable name like Bosch would sell such a "kit" or knowingly allow their name to be used on it because retrofitting HID bulbs into headlamp units that weren't designed for them is illegal in most first-world countries, and is generally a bad idea. Here are some links explaining why:

https://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bu...onversions.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

-Uwe-
I for one STRONGLY disagree with Mr. Daniel Stern (and have done so for many years on several lighting topics). His assessment of the situation my be accurate in the strictest sense but it does not have nearly the real-world impact he would have you believe!

I've converted a half a dozen different headlights (car and motorcycle) from Halogen to HID. In every case, I've done extensive comparisons of beam patterns and they have all been VERY NEARLY IDENTICAL to the human eye if you ensure correct placement of the capsule in the housing.

Go back and research some of the nonsense Mr. Stern spouts. He's got an agenda.