Bought an 05 ABS today. Wow!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cookie:

What a glowing report: sounds like the dodger thinks the world of you. So how much did he charge to write that amazing endorsement? :) Good for you, sounds like you earned it and then some. Anyway, I hate to sound like I'm uninformed (which I am), but's whats a COG?

Gary

darksider #44

Your grin will stop when your not riding you FJR, I came from an ST1100 and it's a world of difference.

Gary,

It didn't cost me anything.....yet. I'm sure I'll be buying Roger a few brews after the kick stands are down after the next ride. Yes, I did keep him stable after a crash and was the one that called his wife. I'm sure he would do the same for me. I hope he never has to. I've all ready had my own down time years ago.

Perma-grin. I love it! It only took about three seconds to develop and it's still there. My wife spotted it after the short test ride.

I liked the two Concours I own, but this is a whole new experience. The Gen 1 is great. I'm sure Gen 2 is great, too. I'm just happy to own one of them. The assimilation is progressing quickly. There is much to learn, much to experience and many miles to ride.

Oh Great...jes what we need around here,,,another SMART Cookie !!! Welcome to da collective !!! 05's Rule !!! :yahoo:

Bobby

Welcome to the group Cookie. And did you ever luck out! Without any forethought you just happened to buy the best year Feejer.

OK so I'm a bit biased.

You ought to head over to the Tech Day Cookie, learn a lil' more about your new bike.

Besides, we'd enjoy meeting you.

I think there's a good chance I'll make the tech day. I usually head North for the Fishing Opener, but after last year, I may sit it out. Had one really bad situation and three of us almost died. Who ever though fishing could be life threating. I'm sticking to motorcycles. It's a lot safer.

I guess I'm just luckier with the bikes. I do like this Gen 1 '05. Nice roll on power. I do need a power twistie session to help me become one with the machine. I'm still feeling this one out. So far , I like what I feel.

Looking forward to meeting the some of the MN Group. Anoka is pretty close. Just enough distance to get things warmed up properly.

Cookie, Congrats on your find! I'm sure your grin will get even wider with time, I know mine has.

I went through the same searching for the "right " one last year and missed out on two. The worst part of the search was wasting more of the riding season finding one that was acceptable.

You are fairly close to me as well, and I am frequently in Col. Hts. and NE Mpls just off Stinson Blvd and Lowery as well. Hope to see you at tech day!

NBB,

I live close to Stinson and 37th. I'll watch for you. I get through Blaine frequently. My Mom still has a place on Coon Lake. I've logged too many miles on Hwy 65. I prefer riding North on Lexington, especially past Coon Lake Beach. Nice stretch of curves for a while. I was riding my Concours on some of the old back roads of my youth on Good Friday. I can't wait to rip it up on the FJR.

Hope to see you at the Tech Day. I haven't taken any plastic off yet. Time to learn some new tricks.

Hey Cookie - love that handle btw... Welcome to the fold...

Chief Sunday's voice pops in my head everytime..... "NOW YOU report to this line Cookie !!!!!"

https://youtu.be/UH36TUaHeMo

If I may ask, curious what you paid for the thing..... I have a friend thats looking for a nice used unit...

I love my 05, and just so you know..... Galaxy Blue is the fastest.... !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an Blue 05 as well. Wish we didn't live so far away. Hey Warp, years ago I lived up in Sheboygan, not too far north of you. Great little town. I became severely addicted to Bratwurst, or Brotts as they called 'em. Used to get mine butterflied (split in half) on a Sheboygan hard roll. Talk about cholesterol. Doggone heart attack on a bun. But then, we all gotta go some time, right?

Gary

darksider #44

NBB,

I live close to Stinson and 37th. I'll watch for you. I get through Blaine frequently. My Mom still has a place on Coon Lake. I've logged too many miles on Hwy 65. I prefer riding North on Lexington, especially past Coon Lake Beach. Nice stretch of curves for a while. I was riding my Concours on some of the old back roads of my youth on Good Friday. I can't wait to rip it up on the FJR.

Hope to see you at the Tech Day. I haven't taken any plastic off yet. Time to learn some new tricks.
Welcome aboard Cookie!! Nice find on the 05'

I'm coming up on (10) years in July riding my 03' and it still puts a grin on my face all the time. Been tempted by the Gen 2's but not enough to make a change from my original #115 03' Gen 1

I live just south of Coon Lake off Lexington and start many of my rides on that stretch around the lake with those curves you mention above. Good stuff!!

I hope to finally meet a few of the Minnesota crowd including yourself that frequent this board this summer.

Enjoy that new ride!! :yahoo:

Warpdrv,

The Cookie name goes back to college in the very early 70s. The origin of the name remains secret to protect the guilty.

The deal on my 05 was fantastic. Most of the ones I looked at were in the $6500 to $7200 range. I got this one for $5900 with ABS and the factory top case. The bike is in excellent shape and was well cared for by the PO. The PR2s have around 2500 miles on them and look great. I was very lucky to get this one. I passed on a few last year and was the first of six people to respond to this ad. Nothing like dumb luck and good timing.

This is a great bike. I've had it for a week and have not touched my other bikes, other than to make room in the garage. I think I need to get out and ride today.