British streetbike and Italian dirtbike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XWinger

Reaction score
Somehow after 25 years if owning nothing but Japanese built dirt and street bikes I now own a 2000 Triumph Sprint RS ans a 2010 Husqvarna wr250.

I sold my 2004 fjr about 18 months ago because I wasn't using it much and was second guessing street riding in general. Living in NJ with all the traffic congestion and chaos on the roads riding had lost its appeal. Then a guy at work that knows I'm a motorcycle nut tells me about his Triumph sitting in his garage covered in dust that he would sell cheap. Well next thing I know it's in my garage. Couldn't pass it up for $1500! Figured I would clean it up put on some new rubber and flip it. Well after riding it I absolutely love it! It's like a light version of the fjr. Smooth, powerful and handle superbly. For the riding I'm gonna be doing it will serve me well until I can save up enough for a gen 3.

As for the dirt bike scene I had a Honda 650l that I set up for dirt as we have tons of good single Trac here in south Jersey. Really liked it until I rode my neighbors new Beta 300 two stroke! The Honda felt like riding a tank through the trails. Found a mint Husky 250 two stroke that you can actually register here in NJ. Riding the two stroke really brings me back to my youth! It's over 100 lbs lighter than the Honda and has about 15 more horsepower! No electric start but adapting to the kick start has been no problem

So for now that's what I'm running. Hopefully will make it to one of the east coast gatherings on the Triumph. Still on the forum daily

In the past I had a triumph triple T509 '98 acid green.Quite the same engine of your RS 955 (mine was 885cc).Never had a problem with that bike, I went also on track few times..love it

Now triumph bikes have more problems with engine heads (they do made it in orient I think)

and for Beta...my first 50cc when young was a beta enduro 2 stroke

beautifull and powerfull

I have an 09 TE310 which is a punched out 250. Puts many smile on my face, and pulls like hell. Dirt bikes rule.