BSB Cadwell Park round

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
I realise that the mood on this forum will be down for some time bearing in mind the loss of TWN.

Hopefully this video will cheer folk up a bit.

4 Years ago a 14 year old lad named Chris Jones was killed at the start of the 125 British Championship race at Cadwell Park UK. He had to wait for the helicopter to take him to hospital and died on the way.

Because of the wait and the fact that there was no scanner at the track, his parents set up a fund to raise money for one. This was achieved inside 2 years at a cost of £100,000. They continue to raise money for racing related causes. This includes having a helicopter on standby for each Cadwell Park round.

This year it was needed when a rider was hit by another bike in the Supersport 600 race and sustained serious head injuries. I am pleased to say that although still critical he is now breathing without assistance.

Every year amongst other fund raisers a fancy dress pedal bike race is held at the circuit the night before race day. Most of the teams and competitors take part. I think you will find it will lighten the mood for a while.

VIDEO

Cal Crutchlow won, this is him the following day.

cadwell003ui7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Feejer... the link only fetches a mostly black page with a Bike Channel box at the top. Should I be clicking on something else?

Takes a while to load, after that,

It's fabulous, absolutely fabulous :clapping:

Thanks for that feejer, made my day.

The story about young Chris, and the results of the fundraising efforts, is touching. The video is a riot!!!!