Burnt shoes.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altinger

Reaction score
I enjoy having the feminine (as large as they're petite and busty) species on for passenger rides on the FJR.

Unfortunately some of them cook their shoes on the pipes and I have yet to find a way to get burned rubber off. Admittedly, a couple of those spots might be mine too. :)

Suggestions?

I enjoy having the feminine (as large as they're petite and busty) species on for passenger rides on the FJR.
Unfortunately some of them cook their shoes on the pipes and I have yet to find a way to get burned rubber off. Admittedly, a couple of those spots might be mine too. :)

Suggestions?
So far chrome polish has taken it off of mine. I believe the brand I have is Turtle Wax but I am not 100%.

This just came up a few weeks ago.

A member suggested steel wool and "Never Dull" polish.

It works real well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use an oven cleaner as suggested like easy off. If it is just a smear, just barely heat up the pipes by running the bike for a few minutes - you just want to take the chill off the pipes and make them warm to the touch - not hot. Make sure you put a cloth behind the pipe OVEN CLEANER WILL REMOVE PAINT - spray on, wait about 5 mnutes and wipe off. If there is a thick amount of gunk on the pipes, you may need to either do this a couple of times. Using steel wool, even 000 will add small scratches that over time can dull the finish of the pipes. Oven cleaner will wipe right off with no damage as long as you protect the painted parts and aluminum

Easy-Off works well, but it does change the patina of the metal where it is applied.
The newer Easy Off COLD oven cleaner (blue can) works like a charm. Spray it on a cold pipe, leave on overnight, wipe off with a damp sponge in the morning. That's it. Really. I used it many times - leaves no mark of any kind.

Silverbear

Latest posts