Busted knuckles & broken arms

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I would have given them 250.00 for it.

Oh, wait there're no decimals in that first number....................forgetaboutit.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool to know that there's still hidden treasure buried around the world that is yet to be found!
pirate.gif

these were nice bikes as best I remember after all the years and all the beers................however, they were still sitting ducks for the zookie mach IIIs

pang.....pang.....pang...pang....pang.....

all bone breakers.............and ball breakers.

Waaaay back in 1980, for our first date, a guy I had recently met took me for a ride on his 1978 RD400E.

A few weeks later, we had our first fight on that RD when In a moment of panic in a very tight curve he took at what I felt was way too high a speed, I instinctively leaned the wrong way.

The bike is long gone, but not forgotten. And that guy and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary.

He still trolls eBay and Craigslist looking for RD's, but I doubt he'll ever actually buy one. Then again, who knows?

I'd love to see what the one in the crate actually looked like, though. Maybe I'll even tell him about it (now that it's safely in the hands of it's new owner).

Every so often these come up. Usually sent overseas.

Each year a friend and I go to the 2-Stroke Extravaganza, the last one in Orange County. Always fun, all 2-strokes from way back, very cool stuff.

1979 Yamaha RD400 Daytona! Beautiful bike!

1979-Yamaha-RD400-White-7374-0.jpg

I had the 78 RD because I couldn't afford the extra $500 for the 79...
sadsmiley.gif

I had a red '76 RD 400. It would run with my buddy's KZ 650 up to about 90 mph. Pulled fine first gear wheelies from a roll.

My Daytona Special cost me $1500, which was cost, from the dealer I worked for in '79. Put it together from the crate and had cafe handlebars on it and a mini smoked fairing on it before it had mile 1 on it. I far as I know I was so busy riding the shit out of that bike I never took a picture of it. Been looking for years and never found even one.

That bike taught me how to do wheelies. It was like it had a hydraulic lift when you twisted the throttle. Very smooth and predictable.

I still remember going up certain curvy onramps with the front wheel in the air through 3rd gear, and touching the front brake just before touch down so the front wheel would chirp like aircraft wheels touching down.

As much as I loved that bike I wouldn't pay 21 large for a new one.