ButtLite 8 July 3 - 9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spied Craig B. at the scoring table. He's on his home turf and a pilot, I think he will place well.

Any results from Leg 1 yet? Can they score, rest and roll?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preliminary Results from Leg 1 Here: Butt Lite VIII

OK, now I want to know how you can bag 21 bonuses and place 3rd … and not have one single mile.
rolleyes.gif

Martin Cover on a K16000 was DNA due room a deer strike 3 hours from finish. He was checked out by a doctor and mostly unhurt. Bike is likely totalled.

Martin Cover on a K16000 was DNA due room a deer strike 3 hours from finish. He was checked out by a doctor and mostly unhurt. Bike is likely totalled.
Man...so close after grueling days of riding, does that SUCK or what??

Glad to read he is okay for the most part but that deer strike still SUCKS!!!!

Final Results are here: Butt Lite VIII
1) Troy Martin

2) Kirsten T-S

3) Craig Brooks

4) Scott Thornton FJR

5) Eric Lipps FJR

Congrats to Team Strange and all the riders who competed.
Looks like BMW dominated the top 10 of this one.
Sure. But 1, 4, 5 are not BMWs! Hehe. Just a comment that there are several incorrect machines listed on the results. Mike H. was running a GSA, the Nuehring bros were running the shiny red FJRs, Greg L ran an FJR, etc. A list was pulled off Ridemaster so if you previous registered with a different T/M/S on a previous ride, it carried over.

What a class act TeamStrange is! I rolled up on Friday to attend scorers' meeting and also check in on why RFLAGG and Dajuice are indeed afraid of multi-day rallies :) . Great seeing Behmer, Derek, Tripper and others there as well. Besides seeing the two IBR champs, I was having some Canadian Whiskey and looked around and there were 5 years worth of MD2020 champs at the little bar table all swapping lies. The amount of effort and care David, Bart, and Lisa E put into this thing for only the satisfaction of pleasing riders (in the fairest and strictest sense) is just amazing. One example is they have a reputation for strictness at scoring. It's not because they don't like you, it is out of respect for the other riders and the "game". The background and oddities of some of the bonuses is fantastic stuff and the ask makes perfect undue arable sense (perhaps it is the constable scrutiny). As a rally participant, I **really** appreciate that and will be getting some more TS soon.

**PS. I love catholic School busses in CO

***PPS, congrats to the participants, especially those first time IBR participants (there is at least 1!!)

What a class act TeamStrange is! I rolled up on Friday to attend scorers' meeting and also check in on why RFLAGG and Dajuice are indeed afraid of multi-day rallies
smile.png
. Great seeing Behmer, Derek, Tripper and others there as well. Besides seeing the two IBR champs, I was having some Canadian Whiskey and looked around and there were 5 years worth of MD2020 champs at the little bar table all swapping lies. The amount of effort and care David, Bart, and Lisa E put into this thing for only the satisfaction of pleasing riders (in the fairest and strictest sense) is just amazing. One example is they have a reputation for strictness at scoring. It's not because they don't like you, it is out of respect for the other riders and the "game". The background and oddities of some of the bonuses is fantastic stuff and the ask makes perfect undue arable sense (perhaps it is the constable scrutiny). As a rally participant, I **really** appreciate that and will be getting some more TS soon. **PS. I love catholic School busses in CO ***PPS, congrats to the participants, especially those first time IBR participants (there is at least 1!!)
Correction: Three champions were there, in my book you are an IBR winner also !

Too kind! These 2300 miles (there and back) to score and see friendly faces definitely has me stoked to do another BL. As for that other rally, it will all go in my book one day, lol.

If any weekend warriors want to try out a multi day experience, this is one class act and a great challenge! Hope to see some from this list in 2018 so we can go back to FJR victories :)

Latest posts