Can you order a 2024 FJR in a different color?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmagoo1

Reaction score
Im looking to replace my 08 with a new FJR.
I'm not a fan of the blue. Can it be ordered in a different color or will I need to send it off to a paint shop?

Last edited:
Im looking to replace my 08 with a new FJR.
I'm not a fan of the blue. Can it be ordered in a different color or will I need to send it off to a paint shop?
Nope. Only one color available per year, at least in the US. In Canada, they somerimes had different colors for A vs ES models but no A models in recent years. (A is without Electronic Suspenson). Canada had the black/gold scheme in 2022.

Nope. Only one color available per year, at least in the US. In Canada, they somerimes had different colors for A vs ES models but no A models in recent years. (A is without Electronic Suspenson). Canada had the black/gold scheme in 2022.
Well I guess it's a good thing my buddy has a auto body and paint shop.

Or you could buy a lightly used "Liquid Graphite" from 2020-21. Or a Matte Blue from 2018-19. Mechanically and electronically, the bike is the same.

I thought about that but I'm looking for a metallic emerald green or something along that line.
I guess if I'm going to go fir a new bike I might as well kick down for a custom paint job too.

I've always felt Yamaha missed the boat with only offering one color like that. I first test rode a FJR back in 2009 and while I loved the bike I won't own a black vehicle. Nothing wrong with the I just know I'd never keep it clean enough.

I've always felt Yamaha missed the boat with only offering one color like that. I first test rode a FJR back in 2009 and while I loved the bike I won't own a black vehicle. Nothing wrong with the I just know I'd never keep it clean enough.
I agree. Not a fan of black or blue, which really reduces the options with an FJR.

If you can trust your body shop friend. This will cover the price of work including the wheels.
https://www.ebay.com/b/Yamaha-FJR-Motorcycles/6024/bn_24009596
Howdy,
Years back I had a 2011 BMW 1200RT, and I wasn't happy with the color it came with. The dealership recommended a shop that did only motorcycles. I had the bike repainted in Titan Silver, that cost me $2000.00. The paint quality wasn't that great and could easily be scratched. I ended up buying an extra pair of pannier lids and using them while keeping the silver ones in the garage. I hope this give you a perspective as to what you may expect when repainting your bike.
Tom Buckley

Howdy,
Years back I had a 2011 BMW 1200RT, and I wasn't happy with the color it came with. The dealership recommended a shop that did only motorcycles. I had the bike repainted in Titan Silver, that cost me $2000.00. The paint quality wasn't that great and could easily be scratched. I ended up buying an extra pair of pannier lids and using them while keeping the silver ones in the garage. I hope this give you a perspective as to what you may expect when repainting your bike.
Tom Buckley
Better off with a car place. Most custom motorcycle paint is Harley stuff. Auto shop will have more experience with flexible plastics.