Canyon Cage Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahchiu

FJR Commander
Reaction score
I installed the Canyon Cage on my bike today and I had to girind the corners of the lower rear mounting points, on the right side to clear the casing bolts and 2 washers to fill the small gap between the engine and cage, and the left for the shift rod. I have an R1 shift arm which is shorter than the stock arm and it hits shifting up the gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must have a heated garage. It's 30 degrees here and it has to be similar in Seattle. Do you have any pics to show us?

You must have a heated garage. It's 30 degrees here and it has to be similar in Seattle. Do you have any pics to show us?
No heated garage, It was cold, I had the heater 2 feet from my head and had many layers on. it was too dark when I finished, I will take picture tomorrow.

Marcus when they build a set for my 13 i will be telling them about the need to grind....we did the same when we installed that set at the tech day....

R

Marcus when they build a set for my 13 i will be telling them about the need to grind....we did the same when we installed that set at the tech day....
R
Yes we did, I found that I needed to grind the left side for my shift rod because I have a shorter R1 arm. I'm going to call Ryan tomorrow and tell him to note in the instruction if you modify your shift arm you will need to do a little grinding.

Guys

I have a Gen II AE here in Southeast Va. with the factory accessory footshields (they are great yearound ) . The

Canyon cage won't fit . Ryan @ MC Enterprises in Oxnard needs a " LOCAL AE " with footshields to pattern a Canyon Cage to fit.

If anyone out there can help email me------- [email protected] .

Thanks

Bill P

B W

A long shot since the footshield accessory is rare. It's aval. for II's @ Canadian Yamaha dealers.

Maybe I'll get lucky. Gen III is the bomb ! If my II weren't Farkeled to the max .

Bill P

Couple pics lifted from ahchiu's link to over yonder...look good on a black bike!

FJRCC002.jpg

FJRCC008.jpg

--G

Here is one of the left side on mine.Pictures of the Canyon Cage can be found here, it's not my bike but pictures from MC Enterprises.
I had to grind the right rear also to fit around the engine case bolt.

left side.

canyoncageleftside_zpsb74e4cf1.jpg

Left side from the back (Note: you can hudson's Husky 310 front fender minus the forks whihc are out bieng rebuitl and resprung along with his rear shock. You can see the gas tank sitting on the floor too)

photo6_zpsb59af0e0.jpg

Both sides from the back

photo7_zps42ac22d2.jpg

Right side from the back

photo9_zpsebc58ff5.jpg

Right side from top

photo4_zps787ae997.jpg

Rigth side veiw

photo2_zps49753c0e.jpg

Close up of the support that had to be ground to clear the engine case.

photo5_zpsba6922ee.jpg

Now THAT'S I slider I could love!! Gotta check availability for a Gen I!

tap

tap

tap

tap

tap

tap

Grrrrrrrrrr....POS model availability only. YOU GUYS SUCK!

Now THAT'S I slider I could love!! Gotta check availability for a Gen I!
tap

tap

tap

tap

tap

tap

Grrrrrrrrrr....POS model availability only. YOU GUYS SUCK!
I can say they are very well built. Each side probably wieghs about 2.5 lbs. It lined up perfectly, other than needing to grind for one bolt. I hope I never have to test how effective they are.

Now if you guys would please start experimenting with various highway peg configurations so i can pick my fav by Springtime I would be most appreciative.

Latest posts