Central Florida tech day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0800 is great !

But seriously Jim, I do plan on seeing you BEFORE then!

What are you thinking for Stagecoach? - Did you see the dinner the night before (About 10 miles north)? Check out the MTF site, it has the details.

I still need about 3700 miles to hit 50k on the '05 this year, so I have a cool project that will take me by Mims no less than 4 times. Might need a rear tire

swap before Alabama the 30th.

To do list for me:

'05-

rear tire swap

front tire swap

Front brakes

'08-

Install fuse block/relay and rear panel

fender extender

Redo electrical tie ins (GPS...)

Add a dual rear set for passenger electrics

I'll see what I can get done before the tech day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, Tony. I'll be there at 8:00 also. Learning how to swap both tires out is right up my alley. Brakes are easy. I've done it. Piece of cake. Gen I has the one piece pads but, I'm sure the basics are the same. Tally Ho!

0800 is great !But seriously Jim, I do plan on seeing you BEFORE then!

What are you thinking for Stagecoach? - Did you see the dinner the night before (About 10 miles north)? Check out the MTF site, it has the details.
I do not see the dinner the night before Stagecoach - still searching MTF. I'm not sure I'll have my she-ite together again enough for a run up there, but would like to esp if the weather holds. I can make it up there in ~8 hrs or so. I'd imagine all the motels are taken in the immediate area, so may need to stay back in Mobile or Pensacola.

If you need something before tech day, well, let me know and come on by; you know I'll fix ya up!

EDIT: I did find the place - Bay Minette, AL which is about 10 miles South of Stagecoach. I'll PM and maybe start another topic for this in the LD heading, OK? It's getting off subject for the tech day.

8:00 it is then. Jim I will be in touch for what is needed for the cruise control install. Prolly stop by on my way home some afternoon after work, but I'll call first to set up with you. Looking forward to this event.

8:00 it is then. Jim I will be in touch for what is needed for the cruise control install. Prolly stop by on my way home some afternoon after work, but I'll call first to set up with you. Looking forward to this event.
Good! Then you can walk me through the spline lube. If it's not that hard, I'm sure I can do it in my garage. Looking forward to it. :)

Good! Then you can walk me through the spline lube. If it's not that hard, I'm sure I can do it in my garage. Looking forward to it. :)
I have moly lube; plenty enough for anyone that wants to do it. Parts washer too to clean things up.

I have moly lube; plenty enough for anyone that wants to do it. Parts washer too to clean things up.
Sounds good, Jim. Thanks! If it's doable, I'll go for it but, what I really want to do is help Tony replace his front and rear tires. Once I learn that, I'll be able to do my own at home too. Been thinking about that for a while. That's more of a priority for me right now. :)

I thought I would give this a bump.

The '05 needs only front brakes, while the list on the '08 continues to grow as I acquire farkles for it.

SO it looks like the gen2 will see some action...

Fuse box bracket

fuse box with relay

extenda fender

bigfoot

all need installing...

I'll be there Jim. Have been missing the get togethers lately. Don't have much on my list of todo's, but always willing to learn from others and lend a hand if I can. Thanks for the heads up Tony. I used to live on these boards, but not so much lately. Cya soon!

I'll be heading north about 20 miles up through Brooksville to 50, then east through Orlando and so on... to Mims. Anybody wanna hook up to ride w/ me Sat am early?

Gary

Yeah, seemed like I was tightening mine every ride before I got smart, took Dave's advice, and put some locktite on the screws.

Gary

I'll be heading north about 20 miles up through Brooksville to 50, then east through Orlando and so on... to Mims. Anybody wanna hook up to ride w/ me Sat am early?
Gary
Gary, what time are you gonna be heading out, I could hook up with you and maybe there's some other's want to tag along?

RoyC was one I can think of from a previous post.

Are you taking I 4 through Orlando or swinging out and around?

Steve

Ooops, just looked at googlemaps and answered my question. Kinda new around these parts!

Yeah, seemed like I was tightening mine every ride before I got smart, took Dave's advice, and put some locktite on the screws.
Gary
That's the first thing Dave told me to do when he handed it to me at EOM. Then he said to put double sided tape in the recess that the pad fits in to take up the slight slack there might be between it and the pad. Works great! :)

Gary
When would you be @ 50 and I-75? I might join/follow you if the weather is good and no other family business.

Roy

I'll be there Jim. Have been missing the get togethers lately. Don't have much on my list of todo's, but always willing to learn from others and lend a hand if I can. Thanks for the heads up Tony. I used to live on these boards, but not so much lately. Cya soon!
Sounds great Dave, I was wondering if you would make it. You do remember how to get here?