CFO 2010 now has a Cause

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
s_Road_Logo_Final.png

CFO may not be the biggest FJR rally but the people that attend have the biggest hearts. They proved that last year by raising money for an injured forum member now this year we hope to do more good for society at large. We will be raising money for Eddie's Road. Eddie’s Road is a program of The Eddie James Foundation for Children. Founded in memory of Eddie James, the non-profit foundation directly funds and supports a variety of quality public and private programs dedicated to assist abused children and young adults. Their focus is to stop the cycle of abuse through proper education, mentoring, counseling and activities that encourage children to reach their full potential without the influences of violence, addiction or neglect.

Eddie James was a friend of mine, and many many others, who was killed in a motorcycle accident last December. If you'd like to read what Eddie's friends said about him after his passing you can go here. Even after reading just a portion of these responses you can clearly see Eddie was a very special guy to a lot of people. Eddie had a troubled childhood but with help from some adults he was able to become an asset and a leader. My hope is that CFO will be able to make a contribution to Eddie's Road and help break the cycle and help kids that have it tough for many reasons become better people.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awesome endeavor! :clapping:
Is there a way we can donate to the cause even if we won't be able to attend CFO? B)
Absolutely! At the top of their web site click where it says "Donate" or just click here for the donation page with a convenient PayPal button.

The best part is ... Eddie hated PayPal <snicker>, and Tyler, thank you :good:

WOW! CFO is still weeks away and we've got money coming in for Eddie's Road I couldn't be more pleased :good:

I don't care what everyone else says you Kalifornians are OK :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am extremely proud to announce that we, at CFO, were able to raise $423 to donate to Eddies Road :rockwoot: :yahoo: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsup: :good:

IMG_2953.JPG