CFO Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Home safe to Traverse City, 4.5 hours of rain yesterday and 7 hours of awesome riding today! No speed awards on the way home... yay!

Such a great weekend, a huge THANK YOU to Rick and Marty, you guys put together a great event! :D

Didn't leave til Monday Morning.

IMAG0089_zps1c4ca8fa.jpg

IMAG0087_zps536f0682.jpg

And when I got home, everything was still on the bike.

P9161943_zps2cefa34f.jpg

Had a great time. Thanks Rick and Marty for putting on a great event. Thanks Abe for helping to get my bike back together without any notice so I could get there. It was great meeting all the new people this year.

Home safe and sound. Sunday was 11 hours approx. 700 miles to Euclid OH (just east of Cleveland). The first 6+ hours were in a complete downpour. All clothing failed. New Aerostich overgloves worked great. Everything else will be replaced. Thanks to O-Face and Griff for routing me around Chicago, I hit no traffic. Today (Monday) was better. 500 miles on and off rain all day, including a down pour while stuck at a stand still five miles from home. So what did I do when I got home? Called the boys to see if our regular Monday night ride was on. Yup. Back on the bike for another 60 miles of twisties (after I swapped wet gear for dry gear).

Rick, great job thanks a bunch. Hopefully I will make it back out next year. The Midwest has a lot more to offer then I thought. For anyone that has never been there, check it out next year.

PS. That weird clunking sound in the front end has gone away. Maybe it just needed a good soaking. I will still have my dealer re-torque the steering head bearings just to be safe.

Left yesterday 11;00a.m. made it home by 4;00 p.m. no rain just a light mist, so I stayed dry.

Thank-you Rick, had a great time with great people and great roads!!

Thank-you Marty, you are the Swag Master!!!

What? We were supposed to go home? You guys know EOM starts Thursday. Right?

Working my way to EOM but the OEM Bridgestones are fading fast. I afraid I'm going to have to find some tires in the EOM area this week.

I am finally home. Got here about 1800 today. Abe and I rode for 240 miles in rain with the last part being the heaviest when we finally rode out of it. We were in Mendota. My jacket was starting to fail and running down into my crotch. 54 degrees. No fun. There was a Super 8 next door and I just said, "I am done." The guy at the front desk was nice enough to let us dry our wet stuff in their dryer. Abe was going to dry his stuff and then head out again. I recommended otherwise. He was shivering after all. Then the storm caught up to us and it was pouring. That was enough to convince him. Of course the beer that was consumed the night before had nothing to do with the situation! I slept well and got up to find Abe gone and blue skies. Nice. By the time I got to Bloomington the skies were not looking good and it was raw cold. I was going to go to St. Louis, but decided to head east instead due to the looks of the sky. I stopped for the night in Ripley, WV at another Super 8. Cheap and nice. Not a usual combination. Had a great ride through WV today.

Thanks again to Rick for an awesome time. Looking forward to NAFO next year. Great to meet all the other folks from the area. Haven't reviewed the pictures yet. I will put together a ride report with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way late posting this since it only took me 2 hours to get home (in cold rain, but gear held up well). Had a moment near WI Dells when the cagers all decided to slam the brakes on for nuthin' - a little creative braking/maneuvering and all was well. Got my hearty going and warmed me up :)

Big shout out to Rick and all those who helped him out. What an outstanding event!! Nice job dude!!

Speaking of dude, I still think that puddin' bowl helmet "The Dude" was wearing just HAD to act as a rain catcher :)

Made it home safe and sound today with a little detour through Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, and back to North Dakota. Made for a nice 4400 mile CFO / EOM ride.

Latest posts