CFO Web Site and Registration are OPEN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chrisflock who lives in La Crosse is who we ship all out swag and door prizes to. He will be dropping stuff off Wed evening at the hotel so we need someone who is staying at the hotel that night who can store the stuff until I arrive Thurs AM. Other options are to have the hotel find a spot for all the stuff or for me to head down Wed afternoon.

Chrisflock who lives in La Crosse is who we ship all out swag and door prizes to. He will be dropping stuff off Wed evening at the hotel so we need someone who is staying at the hotel that night who can store the stuff until I arrive Thurs AM. Other options are to have the hotel find a spot for all the stuff or for me to head down Wed afternoon.
Dam sound a like an excellent reason to to tell the wife, I need to leave a day early now lol !! Can't just ship it to the hotel under your name.

I would think the hotel could store the swag for a day....If there is a problem I could baby sit it until Thurs. evening and drop off at the hotel. Just let me know if you need something. See you all Thursday for dinner.

Brian...

I think the hotel could take care of us on this but there is a lot of stuff to store, Chris once mentioned he thought it would take 2 trips to get everything to the hotel. We need a portion of it for registration which is Thursday afternoon, Chris has to work Thursday so can only deliver in the evening. If someone was coming in Wednesday that would be ideal, thats what I was hoping for. We will get this handled one way or another.

Thanks everyone.

Oh now you guys are really making me jealous...I will be headed to iowa Thursday late night. Right across the river from me you guys will be having a blast. Dog gone.... Have fun- see you all next year for sure!
Bummer. So I gather you won't be making a cameo appearance then.
Mike, I will still be invading the land of 10k lakes.

See ya soon my 10/10ths friend !

Ok epic failure ......the couple motorcycle farkle suppliers that said they would donate fell the through the cracks. I will be bringing $50 in gift cert for O'Riely's out parts and at least $50 from Napa (or misc stuff gloves etc) ........ might even have a HID kit (H-4). Ya I know it's not motorcyce; parts but vereyone can use something from them either bike or personal; :-( Hate when I have someone make a promise and not follow through.

My other question being a newbie .......wondering how the ride stuff goes. I realize it's groups (lol know you guys are clickish) but if your GPS isnt't set up for the maps your kinda screwed?? Ya ya just haven't had time to figure it out. Huge computer change over at my business and new equipment and being a old man my mind is fried by night fall.

My other question is ......can you use Garmin on a Ipad for downloading maps etc (newbie on this). Have the Garmin 550 but never used it for way points etc. I believe I mentioned this earlier?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok epic failure ......the couple motorcycle farkle suppliers that said they would donate fell the through the cracks. I will be bringing $50 in gift cert for O'Riely's out parts and at least $50 from Napa (or misc stuff gloves etc) ........ might even have a HID kit (H-4). Ya I know it's not motorcyce; parts but vereyone can use something from them either bike or personal; :-( Hate when I have someone make a promise and not follow through.
My other question being a newbie .......wondering how the ride stuff goes. I realize it's groups (lol know you guys are clickish) but if your GPS isnt't set up for the maps your kinda screwed?? Ya ya just haven't had time to figure it out. Huge computer change over at my business and new equipment and being a old man my mind is fried by night fall.

My other question is ......can you use Garmin on a Ipad for downloading maps etc (newbie on this). Have the Garmin 550 but never used it for way points etc. I believe I mentioned this earlier?
Look me up, I'll bring my laptop with the routes in it. We'll see what we can do to get the routes loaded to your GPS.

I don't know squat about the Zumos but I do know my way around BaseCamp. As for the iPad thing I haven't heard that you can do that yet, if you've got a laptop that you can travel with that's handy but like airboss said a few of us will have 'puters with us.

Oh, there's always paper maps, retro is cool
specool.gif

Speaking of maps there will be copies of WI, IA and MN state highway maps at registration.

I don't know squat about the Zumos but I do know my way around BaseCamp. As for the iPad thing I haven't heard that you can do that yet, if you've got a laptop that you can travel with that's handy but like airboss said a few of us will have 'puters with us.
Oh, there's always paper maps, retro is cool
specool.gif

Speaking of maps there will be copies of WI, IA and MN state highway maps at registration.
Huh .....maps ......asking for directions ......isnt that against the male code of ethics?

I have all the routes loaded to my 665, but I will only be using one of them Saturday as I will be ralleyeing Friday.

The Ipads doen't have usb ports so how could you download to the GPS?

Ugh raining here......just finished up a few of the farkles. Have to try and run in between this storm with no helmet or rain gear. Lovely. Hope we get some good weather or they have a nice bar...heck I don't even drink (much). Off at 6:30 am hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh now you guys are really making me jealous...I will be headed to iowa Thursday late night. Right across the river from me you guys will be having a blast. Dog gone.... Have fun- see you all next year for sure!
Bummer. So I gather you won't be making a cameo appearance then.
Mike, I will still be invading the land of 10k lakes.

See ya soon my 10/10ths friend !
I thought you wanted to give my Triumph a test Tony?
smile.png

Sent you a message 101 if I can help we have welding capabilities at my shop. My youngest son is a welder fabricator. Also I can do aluminum if need be. Be glad to help