CFR 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to Mike Weatherby of Bikers Bed and Breakfast in Truro, NS yesterday. The Stanley Boys have had a change of plans, ...

Mike was very understanding when I explained I had to cancel the FJR and rooms rental. He actually said he fully intends to ride over to Fredericton to see everyone at CFR. Jeff C. - FJRGuy may wind up renting his FJR for CFR.

I've got Mike's FJR booked and will be spending a night or 2 at his B&B.
clapping.gif

https://www.bmwmoa.or...ead.php?t=51424 AND https://www.bmwmoa.or...ead.php?t=51419

Canuck Dudes and Dudettes: Am I going to have problems with my US credit cards up in the Provinces? Number of threads up regarding this on the BMW MOA Forum!
Can't speak specifically for the maritime provinces, but around here there are no issues with US Credit Cards in general. Discover cards are not generally accepted at other than large hotel chains, car rental agencies, and airlines. American Express, although more common than Diners, is still more of a "travel" card but should get you gas. Your Visa or M/C will be accepted everywhere ours are.

The issues with the pre-paying at the pump exist but shouldn't be a big deal if you have a reasonable credit limit. I know first hand that at least one gas chain, Petro-Canada, does not allow more than 1 pay at the pump per day. Sounds like this practice may be shared buy other gas station chains as well.

In any case, not to worry, we've got your back if you encounter an unforeseen issues.
wink.gif

Do we have any local expertise in Halifax? I've decided to change my flights to go to Halifax and could use some advise on airport accommodation and transportation.

Do we have any local expertise in Halifax? I've decided to change my flights to go to Halifax and could use some advise on airport accommodation and transportation.
If you need a place to crash for a night or so we have an extra bedroom and we are only about 20 minutes from the airport.

I'm sure that we can help out. When are you arriving /departing? Are you renting from Mike?

PM me.

Canadian FJR
Hi Scott, In Post #300 above Jeff mentions he is indeed renting from Mike and staying at the Bikers Bed and Breakfast in Truro.

Hi Jeff, When Seth and I booked last year: Mike said he'd pick us up at the Halifax airport when we arrived. We did not discuss any payment for this service, so I'm not entirely sure if he was offering the shuttle for free or not. But if Mike will shuttle you even for a fee, it may be more reasonable than any other means of transport!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott & Kevin,

Thanks for the offers guys, PMs Forthcoming!

Don,

Talked with Mike about transportation and he said he "may" be able to pick us up but I need a plan 'B' as he may be headed to the Alps at that time.

I must chime in that this is looking to be THE event of the season.

I am TOTALLY STOKED! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

All you'se New Englanders and other assorted North Easterners should seriously consider making the really short trip. I mean, even if ME doesn't deliver on the table dances, the trip up through the Cabot afterward is going to be SUPREME!

And SUPREME is only a shade of gray below EPIC!!!

Just a note on American Credit cards.

I noticed on a recent trip down to Toronto and back to Ottawa that there were new stickers on the pumps saying that American issued cards are now only accepted inside the gas bar and not at the pumps.

Could be awkward if you are looking for gas late at night in Ontario, a lot of the stations are going fully automatic at night.

Chris

NSrider, I would definitely take it! I thought I had ordered this from Nova Scotia Tourism, when I also ordered the New Brunswick Tourism Guide Packet online.

Don Stanley

1061 N. Amber St.

Chandler, AZ 85225
Don, I put it in the mail a little over a week ago so you should have it soon.

NSrider, I would definitely take it! I thought I had ordered this from Nova Scotia Tourism, when I also ordered the New Brunswick Tourism Guide Packet online.

Don Stanley

1061 N. Amber St.

Chandler, AZ 85225
Don, I put it in the mail a little over a week ago so you should have it soon.
Thank You NSrider, hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing our Nova Scotia M/C routings on a detailed map!

Can a guy (like me) show up on Monday. Then head out for a Cabot Trail run Tues...........then leave??? That's all the time off work I managed to wrangle.........

My first CFR one night stand.......

mattster

Can a guy (like me) show up on Monday. Then head out for a Cabot Trail run Tues...........then leave??? That's all the time off work I managed to wrangle.........

mattster
I don't see why not. Just book the proper amount of nights at the available motel.

mattster
I don't see why not. Just book the proper amount of nights at the available motel.
mattster31, if you are just staying for the one night and the one night only, then Seth and I certainly don't mind if you pay the Silverwood Motel an extra fee to put a roll away bed in The Stanley Boys room for Monday night 6/20. Or, if you didn't want to pay anything: You can just lay out an air mattress and sleeping bag on our floor.

But, I do have to ask just one question though: You are not "funny" like RaYzerman19 and yamafitter are you?

mattster
mattster31, if you are just staying for the one night and the one night only, then Seth and I certainly don't mind if you pay the Silverwood Motel an extra fee to put a roll away bed in The Stanley Boys room for Monday night 6/20. Or, if you didn't want to pay anything: You can just lay out an air mattress and sleeping bag on our floor.

But, I do have to ask just one question though: You are not "funny" like RaYzerman19 and yamafitter are you?

Don't ask... don't tell Don

That is a most generous and gracious offer Don. I may just take you up on that. I'll send you a PM soon. BTW......what do mean by "funny". I mean, I was the class clown in school, and I do know a few jokes...... :blink: You won't have to worry though. I don't require a "Bi-Pap" machine, or "breathe right" nasal strips, to sleep, I barely move. I don't smoke or smell of back bacon, although you might notice a slight aroma of donuts :dribble: . I'm a Paramedic by trade, so if you require assistance of any kind I know how to dial 911 ;) . I promise I won't swipe your camera and take pictures of my ass.....I'll give the camera to Ray for that, he has a better eye for photography.......not to sure about Yammafitter.....I've never seen his ass :p :lol:

Mattster

That is a most generous and gracious offer Don. I may just take you up on that. I'll send you a PM soon. BTW......what do mean by "funny". I mean, I was the class clown in school, and I do know a few jokes...... :blink: You won't have to worry though. I don't require a "Bi-Pap" machine, or "breathe right" nasal strips, to sleep, I barely move. I don't smoke or smell of back bacon, although you might notice a slight aroma of donuts :dribble: . I'm a Paramedic by trade, so if you require assistance of any kind I know how to dial 911 ;) . I promise I won't swipe your camera and take pictures of my ass.....I'll give the camera to Ray for that, he has a better eye for photography.......not to sure about Yammafitter.....I've never seen his ass :p :lol:

Mattster
Sounds good, Mr. Mattster! See you soon in Freddy Beach! Seth and I are really looking forward to this CFR-NB, we really enjoyed the previous 2 we have been too!

mattster
I was going to leave this for the omnipotent MEM to answer, but since others have chimed in...

Short answer, IMO as a rally organizer, is ABSOFRIKENLUTELY!

Long answer is that, again IMO, all are welcome, whether it be for the duration or only for a day or even just an hour.

The caveats are that it would be bad form to book (prior to the registration deadline) a room in the rally's block of rooms at the host venue (Staying in Don's room is a great option! :) )

and that it would be bad form to partake in any spoils (food, beverages, etc...) provided by the rally without registering and paying the Rally Fee.

That said... See You in Fredericton! :D

... I promise I won't swipe your camera and take pictures of my ass.....I'll give the camera to Ray for that, he has a better eye for photography.......not to sure about Yammafitter.....I've never seen his ass :p :lol:

Mattster
Both Don's and my ass require a wide angle lens. :p