CFR 2015 Timing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
CFR 2015 Location was chosen to be NELSON, BC by a small panel of devote CFR attendees and announced in Newfoundland at CFR 2014. The timing was to be "the usual time." The usual timing varies depending on whom you talk to, but is usually the last weekend of June or Father's day weekend. Usually the two coincide, but unfortunately this year there are a few glitches:

This year Father's Day is the second last weekend in June.

The last weekend of June is considered 'High Season' in the tourist industry this year (and the next few years) as the Canada Day Holiday in midweek the following week (and approaches the weekend in coming years.)

I will be in Ontario for the Mad Bastard Scooter Rally June 18-21 (and CFR just wont be the same without me.
tongue.png
)

Important regulars will be at FODS June 18-21 (and CFR just isn't the same without them!)

A rally in the Black Hills is planned for the last weekend of June.

Other rallies are scheduled for June.

Therefore the poll! Please only answer the poll if you intend on attending, or would like to attend, the Rally! Thanks!

Note 1: Mad Bastard Scooter Rally / FODS on this weekend.
sad.png

Note 2: Spearfish Rally on this weekend.
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to attend if it coincides with a big trip I am planning for next year. Not sure what dates work best for me but I am thinking earlier rather than later. I would probably consider camping rather than hotelling - depending on cost and weather. I also know a few people in the area and might manage to beg a bed for a night or two.

CFR 2015 Location was chosen by a small panel of devote CFR attendees and announced in Newfoundland at CFR 2014. The timing was to be "the usual time." The usual timing varies depending on whom you talk to, but is usually the last weekend of June or Father's day weekend. Usually the two coincide, but unfortunately this year there are a few glitches:
This year Father's Day is the second last weekend in June.

The last weekend of June is considered 'High Season' in the tourist industry this year (and the next few years) as the Canada Day Holiday in midweek the following week (and approaches the weekend in coming years.)

I will be in Ontario for the Mad Bastard Scooter Rally June 18-21 (and CFR just wont be the same without me.
tongue.png
)

Important regulars will be at FODS June 18-21 (and CFR just isn't the same without them!)

Other rallies are scheduled for June.

Therefore the poll! Please only answer the poll if you intend on attending, or would like to attend, the Rally! Thanks!

Note 1: Mad Bastard Scooter Rally / FODS on this weekend.
sad.png
OK. Where the hell is the location?

CFR 2015 Location was chosen by a small panel of devote CFR attendees and announced in Newfoundland at CFR 2014. ...
See this post in the '2015 Thoughts' thread!

But good point. I'll edit this thread to be clearer. Thanks!
Some clarity......your revised post says NAKUSP but the Poll we are voting in says Nelson, BC......and I liked Nakusp the last time it was held there.

Got a wedding in Denver to attend the first weekend listed, home the second one, attending the SD event the third weekend then traveling across the NW states too BC...the first weekend of July Would work perfect for us! :)

Definitely would like to attend Jeff!

I voted for later in the summer...once it dries out a bit. Timing isn't an issue for us since a western location is in our "back yard".
punk.gif

Looking forward to timing and more information on the event!

--G

I voted for later in the summer...once it dries out a bit. Timing isn't an issue for us since a western location is in our "back yard".
punk.gif

--G
+1, Gunny; I agree 100% with Gorgeous George, this proves once again why escapefjrtist is the smartest Guy on our FJR Forum next to Bust, RadioHowie and odot of course!

1) I have to attend this CFR, I'm still bummed I had to miss Newfoundland! Why would I pass up Canada to ride in some dump like Tuscany, Italy eh?

2) Later in the Summer works out great, I'd pass up the July BMW MOA International Rally in Montana to attend the CFR Rally in British Columbia eh!

3) I'll spend whatever it takes to make this CFR, I can't take my money to Heaven with me like Niehart will: So I would gladly spend it on a nice CFR Rally!

Senor Papa Chuy Viejo Medina - El Burrito Ballerina, ese!

I voted later in the summer as well for a few reasons. Primarily because Line must take her vacation while school is out for the summer. It puts the time frame closer to the dry season. Less risk of Beartooth and Going to the Sun still being closed.

CFR 2015 Location was chosen by a small panel of devote CFR attendees and announced in Newfoundland at CFR 2014. ...
See this post in the '2015 Thoughts' thread!

But good point. I'll edit this thread to be clearer. Thanks!
Some clarity......your revised post says NAKUSP but the Poll we are voting in says Nelson, BC......and I liked Nakusp the last time it was held there.
Big Huge OOPS!!!!! Thanks for pointing this out. Now fixed!

Well it looks like peeps would rather slalom minivans and motorhomes than risk the rain... Fair Enough!Is the first weekend of July too early as well?

Technical Forum question... If I edit the poll to add more date options, can people revise their choices?

Well it looks like peeps would rather slalom minivans and motorhomes than risk the rain... Fair Enough!Is the first weekend of July too early as well?Technical Forum question... If I edit the poll to add more date options, can people revise their choices?
Well, that leaves me out for 2 reasons:

1. Never mind minivans and motorhomes, I don't want to ride all that way in the heat of the summer again.

2. Have a family wedding to attend in July

Maybe 2016...

punk.gif

--G
+1, Gunny; I agree 100% with Gorgeous George, this proves once again why escapefjrtist is the smartest Guy on our FJR Forum next to Bust, RadioHowie and odot of course!

1) I have to attend this CFR, I'm still bummed I had to miss Newfoundland! Why would I pass up Canada to ride in some dump like Tuscany, Italy eh?

2) Later in the Summer works out great, I'd pass up the July BMW MOA International Rally in Montana to attend the CFR Rally in British Columbia eh!

3) I'll spend whatever it takes to make this CFR, I can't take my money to Heaven with me like Niehart will: So I would gladly spend it on a nice CFR Rally!

I'll take this one step further, If it is adjacent (before or after) the MOA Rally in Billings Montana (July 23-25th). I'm in! I was planning on Billings MT anyway, what's another weekend adjoined.

punk.gif

--G

I'll take this one step further, If it is adjacent (before or after) the MOA Rally in Billings Montana (July 23-25th). I'm in! I was planning on Billings MT anyway, what's another weekend adjoined.
+1, Gunny; I am with KJ on this one, it would be PERFECT if Papa Chuy Viejo could combine CFR 2015 with the Beemer Rally!

Top_Speed1: Billy Fitz will probably nix this, since he is still pissed off over that Wehrmacht incident in Warsaw back in 1943 eh!

630630p3162EDNthumb614384109-BMWONOct2014_selected-pages-XL.jpg

punk.gif

--G

Top_Speed1: Billy Fitz will probably nix this, since he is still pissed off over that Wehrmacht incident in Warsaw back in 1943 eh!
When I was up in Kanada last Month ....in a Timmy Hortons (go figure!) men's room, I read this on the wall...

It's a well known fact that Polish immigrants (relocated to frigid and keep your klothes on Kanada) have a very tough time in today's Western society. So, as we treat BillyFitz as special, it's apparent that only one thing is left....

He needs to come out of the closet! ;)

Now of course, there could be more than one 'BillyFitz' that frequents this Tim Horton's (just outside of Toronto). So this may not be true w our Bill. It's your call.

For us long distance travellers a few minivans or motorhomes out on the road is not going to be a problem. If you are worried about the heat you need to get farther north before you head west. As for wedding I attended three in the last year. One of them was just before I headed to Newfoundland . If anybody really wants to find a reason not to go I bet they can. I'm pretty sure I will be there in the area in July. If the rally timing works I'll be there!

For us long distance travellers a few minivans or motorhomes out on the road is not going to be a problem. If you are worried about the heat you need to get farther north before you head west. As for wedding I attended three in the last year. One of them was just before I headed to Newfoundland . If anybody really wants to find a reason not to go I bet they can. I'm pretty sure I will be there in the area in July. If the rally timing works I'll be there!
After posting that I thought that was kind of a pussy response! The heat has never really stopped me. I was just having flashbacks of the ride home from NAFO3. High temperature records were reset during that ride! 107 F in Rapid City while we were there.The wedding is the real deal breaker. I plan on making the SW-FOG meet in Utah and was entertaining the idea of combining the two. I will get back to BC and hopefully at a non wet time!

Looking forward to being like you Tom. Retired and never get to go anywhere!